Forestry

Found this post trying to get Forestry installed on a Tekkit 3.04 Server. I've followed the suggested instructions of renaming the mod with a "z" in front of the name in the client and tested and it runs perfectly. However when I did the same for the server version of forestry and placed it in the mods folder, the launcher crashes at startup.

12:57:39 [iNFO] Adding Material: 7256:X7256

12:57:39 [sEVERE] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: BaseMod

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at mod_Forestry.load(mod_Forestry.java:20)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at cpw.mods.fml.server.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoa

derModContainer.java:271)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:220)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java

:539)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onLoadComplete(F

MLBukkitHandler.java:121)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe

rver.java:159)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer

ver.java:426)

12:57:39 [sEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour

ceFile:492)

It looks like it is having difficulty added the materials for forestry, but because it wont even create the forestry config file, I cant get into it and look to see what is the problem. Any suggestions? Do I need to make a change in the Tekkit.jar?

Update: Figured I should add that I am using "Forestry 1.4.6.2_bc2.2 for Minecraft 1.2.5 and BuildCraft 2.2.14+"

I've had serious trouble getting 1.4.6.2_bc2.2 on my server, but I have had luck with version forestry-1.4.6.1-mcpc1.2.5-r7

Just put a z in front of the zip folder's name and it should work.

Also, checking the modloader.cfg file to ensure that forestry loads AFTER industrialcraft should also help.

Just wanted to pop on and say that I got mine to work. It dawned on me that the forestry server download is intended for servers not using bukkit. I ran on over to http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5 and located the forestry version thats been modified to work with bukkit. Renamed the file with a "z" in front and it loaded up perfectly. Hopefully this helps some of you other people out in getting this to work. The client, does not need the bukkit version, only necessary for server admins.