Editing the minecraft.jar

Dylan3304

Hi! My name is Dylan and I'm trying to create a custom loading screen with my modpack. I know that you need to unjar the minecraft.jar, then edit /title/mojang.png. However, since it is illegal to distribute the minecraft.jar, how do I ship a custom loading screen with my modpack?

Just make a new resource pack and bundle the modpack with the default texture settings altered to load the other textures instead. You don't even need to include everything, just the mojang.png file in the right location.

Be warned, though--I think they disabled editing the loading screen at 1.7.2, I think? It's been a while.

Just make a new resource pack and bundle the modpack with the default texture settings altered to load the other textures instead. You don't even need to include everything, just the mojang.png file in the right location.

Be warned, though--I think they disabled editing the loading screen at 1.7.2, I think? It's been a while.

Yes, you cannot change the mojang.png through a resource pack. See https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-40961. However, I play on this 1.7.10 modpack, Ultra Modded Survival 2, and they changed the mojang.png.