Technical Help Needed

Okay so we are running a server and we want to edit the RedMatter armor, we are hoping that we could make it so that RedMatter armor is the strongest in the game ( You do not get injured ) and that it can injure people using RedMatter or DarkMatter armor. This would be really helpful if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks

-Kingpulse

I don't understand the question.. You want to make yourself invulnerable while wearing Red Matter/Gem Armor, but want to make people vulnerable if you and your enemy are wearing it? No armor will truly make you 100% invulnerable because of the way armor works.

If you want to kill people; use Gem Armor. Simply use the Abyss helmet to charge a creeper. Charged creepers will insta-kill anyone in Dark/Red/Gem armor; including yourself. It will also insta-kill anyone in Quantum Armor.

A charged creeper has not been able to kill me in Quantum armor, only standing on top of a nuke will kill me. I have not done extensive testing on that though. Charged creepers are relatively weak compared to other things, like a nano saber or nuke (for hitting through armor)

Looking thru the code for Quantum, mostly every damage type is blocked (aka, you dont get damaged)...

Even the Nano Sabre does no damage to a player wearing quantum...

However, your request to change RM Armor would require a decompile of the mod (EE isnt it?) and change the damagetypes it can handle.

It may not be a small task, and i am certinly too busy to change it currently, perhaps someone else with Java knowledge can assist you.

Oh yeah, i read the code wrong lol

if ((entityhuman1.inventory.armor[i] == null) || (!(entityhuman1.inventory.armor[i].getItem() instanceof ItemArmorNanoSuit)))

{

continue;

}

entityhuman1.inventory.armor[i].damage(30, entityhuman1);

if (entityhuman1.inventory.armor[i].count <= 0)

{

entityhuman1.inventory.armor[i] = null;

}

drainSaber(itemstack, 2, entityhuman);

Missed the Not param :|

It's because of the way armor is handled. Even though the RM/Gem armor gives you 90% damage reduction, it won't protect you from a charged creeper explosion, which does 97 points of damage. For some reasons, armor will act as a "Buffer" rather than a flat damage reduction (even 100% damage reduction) which will result in your death. While I haven't tested quantum extensively, I found that with full gem armor, I died every time with a full on charged creeper explosion even though I would have the damage reduced by 90% (9.7 damage - Which is half of a player's total health).

I don't know why this is, but I think it has something to do with chunk loading. If a chunk is loading, for some reason your armor doesn't protect you like it should, or it could just be a bug with red/gem armor.

The only time I have ever survived a charged creeper explosion is when I dodged or counter-attacked from MCMMO. Keep in mind that this is Mulitplayer, so things may work differently in single-player.

A Charged Creeper has a explosion radius of 6; a nuke 10.

If a charged creeper does 97 points of damage (same with an End Crystal - Which will also kill you in one shot if you stand at point blank range)) then a nuke should do something like 161 ((1 × 1 + 1) × 8 × 10 + 1) points of damage at the center. Both; at 90% damage reduction should leave your shaken, but not killed, but for some reason it doesn't. Sadly I think it's because when you take damage with armor it does the damage "First" then "Heals" you for the amount taken; which makes it seem like you take less damage. That would of course explain why extremely high damage sources (such as falling from massive heights, charged creepers, nukes) completely ignore the armor values.

This seems to be further confirmed with the way damage reduction works in MCMMO when you *dodge* or *counter-attack*

As I mentioned before, flying to EXTREMELY high levels and falling will also kill you in gem/quantum armor. I am not sure why this is.

I don't advise griefing your friends with gem armor by electrifying creepers regardless =P.

As per your "Falling from massive heights"

There is a procedure in the QuantumArmor java files called AsorbFallingDamage

float f1 = mod_IC2.getFallDistanceOfEntity(entityhuman);

if ((f1 < 1.0F) && (f == 0.0F))

{

return;

}

f1 contains the distance that the player has fallen, if its above 1.0 (i assume this is quite a high height) it will skip damage absorption, ofcorse breaking your legs and making you die.

As per your "Falling from massive heights"

There is a procedure in the QuantumArmor java files called AsorbFallingDamage

float f1 = mod_IC2.getFallDistanceOfEntity(entityhuman);

if ((f1 < 1.0F) && (f == 0.0F))

{

return;

}

f1 contains the distance that the player has fallen, if its above 1.0 (i assume this is quite a high height) it will skip damage absorption, ofcorse breaking your legs and making you die.

The same must be in the Gem armor. I suspect it is there to make you vulnerable to some degree. Since Fall damage does not have durability damage, I suppose is to add some degree of danger, but you would need to be at levels so extreme that you would probably be disconnected from height anyway.

EE armors have always been buggy for me, only working some of the time, or not providing the full 90% damage reduction. EE itself is not the most stable mod out there.

If i want to kill somebody in redmatter armor, all I would do is pull out my swift wolfs rending gale and use my autoclicker to spam the little green whirlwinds.

The autoclicker clicks about 100 times in a second, and with a slight server lag, all of those 100 little whirlwinds hits a player and stacks for height, sending them thousands of blocks straight up and down. Therefore killing them instantly. I believe one of the admins on my server tested the falling height of quantum armor, it is insanely high up. Could have been close to 10,000 blocks. And by that height you would get bored of falling and log off.

EE armors have always been buggy for me, only working some of the time, or not providing the full 90% damage reduction. EE itself is not the most stable mod out there.

If i want to kill somebody in redmatter armor, all I would do is pull out my swift wolfs rending gale and use my autoclicker to spam the little green whirlwinds.

The autoclicker clicks about 100 times in a second, and with a slight server lag, all of those 100 little whirlwinds hits a player and stacks for height, sending them thousands of blocks straight up and down. Therefore killing them instantly. I believe one of the admins on my server tested the falling height of quantum armor, it is insanely high up. Could have been close to 10,000 blocks. And by that height you would get bored of falling and log off.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Rending gale doesn't even work in Multiplayer, or at least it doesn't on my server. Same can be said for the Fire Band.

I've had great success using the Fire Band, but the Rending gale didnt work on my server, so I tried it on a friend's server and it worked fine on players. It has always worked on mobs though.

Could be a conflict with MCMMO or something. Seems to be hit and miss.

• 2 months later...

well i personally found nothing kills quantum i had a friend stand on top of a nuclear reactor and he didn't die, i however wearing gem armor did, and i was a bit farther away, i believe that gem armor does not protect against nukes because it is not from industrial craft, however the quantum is.

Gem armor is meant for 90% protection. Quantum is supposed to be veeeryy close to 100%.

Full quantum is actually over 100% (104% to be specific). It's just that if you take off any of the pieces, it loses a portion of its protection.

104% is some pretty darn good protection! Recently, I've found a few ways to damage people in quantum armor. When struck by lightning, not generated from an item that is part of EE (Random happenstance or command), the player will take 4 hearts of damage. Also, when struck with a potion of damage, players take damage as if they had no armor on whatsoever.

• 1 month later...