Basic Tekkit Help

I have recently created a economy server, 64 slot, and I would like to use tekkit with it. I have quite a few questions that I would appreciate some help with. Since you do not need to run plugins like no cheat, are their xray mods that work with tekkit? If there are xray mods that work, are there any plugins that work with tekkit to help prevent xrayers? The only reason I ask is because I will be running a economy server. Also, where can I find a list of the mods that are initially downloaded with tekkit and what is required to run what mod? Lastly, if I wanted to hire some help with the server, in initial set up and plugin configuration, where would I go for that as well?

are their xray mods that work with tekkit?

Without going into too much detail, yes, yes there are. The easiest way to deal with them is by using the built-in codes from CJB's x-ray and Zombe's modpack to disable those features; besides that, using a mod that disrupts x-raying by making all blocks appear as ores when in this mod can help, such as Ore Obfuscator.

EDIT: This will not solve all problems; the best methods fail in regards to this, and you should have a detection mod available to show unlikely rates of acquisition.

Also, where can I find a list of the mods that are initially downloaded with tekkit and what is required to run what mod?

The main page has a Tekkit page that shows all mods included.

For those unable to go the the homepage themselves: Tekkit. (Hint: Scroll down on this page)

Thank you for the info. I have a question about CJB/Zom pack. Since I would have to use the code to disallow usage of them, is there a way to allow certain people on my server to fly(with out giving them creative)? I also meant to ask, how does one add CJB or Zom to a tekkit launcher? I've looked at it before and did not see a way to add more mods(like the magic launcher)

Usually you have to deal with item ID conflicts, but in the interest of not teaching everyone how to install potentially griefing material, I'll let someone else handle the issue.

As for potential flight privileges, you would have to use a permission handler (there's about 3 out there atm, my own knowledge of this is minimal as it's been over 6 months since I hosted a server). Check the bukkit forums for potential permission handlers.

EDIT: Also do not forget to allow flight within your base server config file, allow_flight=true. You'll have to simultaneously get an anti-cheat program (I used NoCheat in the past) and apply it's bypass-permission nodes to each person you want to allow flight to. This does not give them the ability, but the permission to.

You don't add mods to the launcher like with magic launcher, you drop them into directories or stick them in a jar just like you would with a normal minecraft install except to a different directory and to modpack.jar.

In other words, you can certainly add mods to Tekkit (client-side and server-side).