fusion reactors

Bogdaniel

Hello, i've just finished my first deuterium reactor got 10k deuterim in the core.. with a bunch of funnels all around where is water. pumping steam out using liquiducts tu a 3x3 turbine thing. yet the turbine is moving very slow and i have no idea why any good video tutorial on how to build one or .. any advices how should i make it to run very fast? i've seen a mod spot light on youtube about atomic science ( first video in the list ) and the guy there had his turbines moving very fast.

If you just want to produce large amounts of power, BigReactors is the recommended mod for this. If you explicitly want to make Atomic Science work, keep in mind that it is a severely outdated and somewhat bugged mod that requires some extra work. I never used AS myself, but what you describe sounds like a transport problem. Fluiducts (they are not called Liquiducts any more since TE3) do not carry very much per tick, so maybe you need to upgrade to something with more throughput. Extra Utilities Liquid Transfer Nodes can carry much more if you stuff tons of upgrades in, and maybe Tesseracts will work as well.

at the current state of AS in tekkit, I would also recommend generating Power through BigReactors...

however, if you really want to go the AS way, the most reliable way I know is using steam funnels and directly connect them to Tesseracts (this will use a lot of tesseracts)

configure them on the same channel and also put a tesseract below the turbine to receive the steam...

the big pro for AS is that you basicly can generate power out of water, and that is infinite renewable...

It could be argued that a Big Reactor / Big Turbine combination powering a yellow-focused Laser Drill is also pretty much self-sustaining. And even without that, Yellorium will take you very far.

I outlined the power situation in Tekkit in my >starter guide, if you are interested in the other options (points 16 and 17).

Edited by Curunir