I need a server creating for my modpack

Pantab

• Discord Moderator

That list looks safe. Great job! If you can connect locally then you have all of the client-only mods out.

As for your friends, if they can't connect then you don't have your firewall/router configured properly to allow them to connect. You need to set up a Port Forward. The idea is that you choose a port (the default for MC is 25565, so that would be a good choice) and configure the router's Port Forward or Applications interface (however it's referenced in your device) to allow that port to be forwarded to the IP of your internal server. Google can probably help with your specific model. Just search for "my-router-model configure port forwarding".

I've had my ports forwarded for some time and we have been able to play other packs but its just my pack I get the error on.

[16:14:02] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to 95.148.3.232, 25565
[16:14:03] [server Connector #1/ERROR]: Couldn't connect to server
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: /95.148.3.232:25565
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_40]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_40]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:191) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:228) ~[AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:497) ~[NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) ~[NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) ~[NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) ~[singleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_40] 

• Discord Moderator

A few notes about the client pack:

• The file minecraft.jar should not be included in the bin folder.
  • CodeChickenCore mod belongs in mods, not mods1.7.10.
  • CoFHLib is only for use by mod developers and should not be in the client or server.

I created a server for your pack and was able to connect to it locally (after removing NotEnoughKeys, of course). Assuming you have done the same, the issue must be in the connectivity to the server, not with the server itself. Make sure any appropriate firewall exceptions are in place, etc.

• Discord Moderator

If you can connect locally, but remote clients cannot, the problem lies with communication paths, not with the server software. This is a fact. I'm not trying to be obstinate, it is just difficult to make more specific suggestions without having more information about your local configuration than can readily be provided here.

Edited by plowmanplow

Same error after the tweaks

100% sure its not the firewall because I tried disabling it entirely. 

I am not sure if your problem is already solved or not...but...simply disabling your firewall might not suffice. You need to make sure that port forwarding is also working!

I guess you are not talking about enterprise grade firewall systems, but something that is along the usual router devices you have at home.

Now, those things usually have a firewall, that is correct. HOWEVER, they also do NAT (network address translation).

Simply put -> your internal network (usually along the IP addresses 192.168.x.x) is hidden behind that router and ALL of your internal IP addresses are translated to the public IP address that is been given by your internet provider. That router does the translation. When your friends connect to the public IP on a specific port (eg. for Minecraft) you need to tell the router (correctly) to which internal IP address it shall forward this request (and that needs to be your computer with the minecraft server).