How Do I Stop EU Currents Sending?

Ive made a Power Station and lots of external positions with machines.

What I would like to know is, how can I cut the power from an external control room?

The machines are all advanced and when Im not using them for a long period of time they are using up alot of energy.

The Power Station sends out its EU from a single cable, so I guess I somehow do something to this cable?

You have two options there: the first is to make a switch connected to all the machines. they need redstone current to be on while empty.

the other one is to put a lever on one of your transformers. that will change it's behavior so that the 3dot side is the higher voltage OUTPUT instead of input, so no power will flow through it.

There's also the IC2 splitter cable. Applying redstone current to this block stops power (tip: use a repeater or RP2 IC to apply the redstone signal tp the splitter cable). Another option is to use the configurable redstone behavior of the BatBox, MFE and MFU set to "Do not emit". Applying a redstone signal then prevents the storage unit from outputting EU.

There's also the IC2 splitter cable. Applying redstone current to this block stops power (tip: use a repeater or RP2 IC to apply the redstone signal tp the splitter cable). Another option is to use the configurable redstone behavior of the BatBox, MFE and MFU set to "Do not emit". Applying a redstone signal then prevents the storage unit from outputting EU.

Yeah, that's an option, but then you lose the flexibility to do things like use overflow style Mass fabrication, without a significant amount of extra work.

the batbox property.

See, if you use the powersource as the shutoff, you can't use the "emit if partially filled" tag, which tells the unit to emit redstone power unless it's full, and mass fabricators are on by default but turn off with redstone power, so you can tell them to draw power ONLY when the unit is full.

That way you never waste any of your generatino power (particularly useful for using things like water setups, solars, or maceration loops)