Question Reagarding Platform

Sovietryan

So today my parents told me they are getting me a Dell Venue 8 Pro for Christmas, which runs Windows 8, which runs Minecraft. I just wanted to know: Will I be able to get technic on the Venue 8 Pro, and be able to run modpacks(Specifically Pixelmon). Thanks in advance!

Looks like 2GB of ram, on a 32-bit quad-core 1.8ghz CPU.  For average modpacks these days, doubtful.  Even the newest versions of vanilla might be sluggish.  But smaller packs on maybe Minecraft 1.6.4 might be playable.  If you don't know how to manually install just the mods you want, now might be a good time to learn!

• Discord Moderator

Looks like 2GB of ram, on a 32-bit quad-core 1.8ghz CPU.  For average modpacks these days, doubtful.  Even the newest versions of vanilla might be sluggish.  But smaller packs on maybe Minecraft 1.6.4 might be playable.  If you don't know how to manually install just the mods you want, now might be a good time to learn!

Quite, and this is a great suggestion. Learning how to trim packs down to fit with your available resources is going to be he key to success. The long pole in the tent here is the 2G of RAM. That will only leave you with 1G as the max you can allocate, and even then you'll have to make sure nothing else is running. Almost all packs > 1.5.2 require significantly more RAM.

• Discord Moderator

Honestly, mods like NEI shouldn't add a lot of load to the pack. It is mods which add lots of world generation, complex machinery and networks, or large number of blocks and items that add the most RAM requirements. Mods such as:

• Mekanism
  • TeamCoFH mods (although these are likely better than most at this level)
  • IndustrialCraft
  • BuildCraft
  • ThaumCraft

Good luck!