This is what happens when I try to run my server.

Sorry for wasting your precious time, but whenever I try to run the launch.bat this pops up;

C:\Users\Downstairs\Desktop\Tekkit Server>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Downstairs\Desktop\Tekkit Server>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

Help me! :(

If this problem has already been addressed on a thread, please link me to it.

I can't wait until Technic Questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have a 32 bit, and I installed a 32 bit Java. I also tried to change the command to take up less space (Xmx1G) but that didn't work. Then I looked at the Path. It didn't have the right thing in it. There was just the Java Path. Could someone tell me the original Path?

add the word 'pause' (without quotes) on the next line down in the batch file...

This will stop the batch file from closing itself when it gets to the end, so you can see the error.

If it is saying that it cant find the java.exe at the location given, perhaps you have got 64bit java & OS, so change the path to read:

"c:\program files (x86)\java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

However, if the above works, you are not running the correct java bit version... you want to install the 64bit version from here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

sigh the only 1 that has even come close is Alienx. penorz and X_D face arnt even close. whats causing your problem is your computer isnt recognizing java as a program an your system variables arent set for java so alien x was trying to help ya bypass that pain in the ass process. first uninstall ALL java on your machine I mean all forms of 32 and 64 bit java. once uninstalled Im assuming u have a 64 bit system install 64 bit java 7. and in ur startup.bat file replace java with "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" this will run java without worrying about if its 32 or 64 bit system an make all your problems MUCH easier. best of luck

@soulgriever - In a perfect world his computer would recognize java as a program. If my modified .bat files didn't work for him my next step was to have him reinstall java to fix that issue. Your modified .bat file wouldn't work if he did change his installation location which is why I use java instead of a path to the exe.

I swear some people just want to see the world burn. @penorzilla your banking on the fact that programs always run properly. like i said in the last post you tried to look like a smart ass in, environmental variables DONT always set NO MATTER how many times you install the freaking program. so just because he/she reinstalls java does not mean calling java in their .bat file will work. even if they set them manualy, some machines do not like changing their variables. sigh