Need help Forge refuse to load within Modpack

redmage21

I am trying to a use a modpack with 1.7.1 and forge 1230. I download forge universal 1230 extract the files and then proceed to add to archive while naming it "Crackhead.jar".

I then proceed to place it in the bin folder as instructed. I then place my configs in the config folder and drop my client mods in the mods folder. I name the folder that this all contain in "Crackhead" and proceed to se best quality to compress into a .zip file. What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of naming convention or step I have missed?

• Discord Moderator

A couple corrections:

• The Forge universal binary JAR file should be downloaded and renamed to "modpack.jar". Nothing more, nothing less. Don't extract it or modify it in any way. It belongs in the /bin/ folder.
  • The required folders (/bin/, /config/, /mods/) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive. Do not put them in a subfolder.

And now the entire folder directory is empty.... this is ridiculous.

Most problems can be solved by calm, logic, and a bit of thinking.  As plowman said get us a link to the mod pack and if you have logs, make sure they have no personal information in them, then use pastebin.