Minecraft Name Changing. What will happen to older versions.

Theonewhokills

Since older versions dont have the ability to use UUID's what will happen with Tekkit Classic? If someone changes there name and there old username was banned, they will be unbanned. If someone changes there name being unaware of what will happen, they will basically be logging onto the server like i new player, losing his faction inventory etc.

Is there a fix for this? Is there a fix being made? Mojang say Modpacks arent there responsability. So whats going to happen?

Case-by-case.  Server owners can change player file names, in a pinch, but there are some things that won't carry over, and those that choose to change their MC names will probably just have to work with server owners on that, as needed.

• Discord Moderator

On big servers, thats a no-no. I hope people dont forget about the older versions since they still hold the most fun.

"Hold the most fun" is an opinion not held by most folks I interact with. However, setting up a simple script or web interface to do name changes on an old server would be trivial so this really shouldn't be in an issue.

Since older versions dont have the ability to use UUID's what will happen with Tekkit Classic? If someone changes there name and there old username was banned, they will be unbanned. If someone changes there name being unaware of what will happen, they will basically be logging onto the server like i new player, losing his faction inventory etc.

Is there a fix for this? Is there a fix being made? Mojang say Modpacks arent there responsability. So whats going to happen?

Some servers such as ours are going to the effort of re-coding all the plugins to support UUID and namechanges Once number one we will make our way back <3! I am not yet sure if I am going to release the fix as public or keep it private to anyone who would like to try PM me and I may respond I currently have (PermissionEx 1.19.4, TekkitRestrict, Essentials, Essentials chat, Essentials Spawn, groupmanager, Griefprevention, logblock, Worldguard and a few others complete)

Thanks *signature stolen by signature gnomes*

~Minecolt Staff

Edited by Munaus