Looking for Staff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :) i would like to help, i am no griefer or a troll, i am helpful and active, would really like to find and help out a tekkit server. I love to help players and would want to help and get the server popular, up and running. U can interview me all u want :) hahaha i dont mind :)

The poster above is exactly the kind of person you don't want.

Keep closely monitoring your server, promoting the odd person to moderator (able to kick, mute and ban)

Then, once you have 24 hour coverage from moderators, promote the best of them to admin (full or semi-permissions; rollbacks etc.)

and fill in the vacancies.

Yeah, Moogle is right.

If there is one thing I've learned about running a game server is that anyone who's willing to volunteer for the job isn't going to do you any favors by doing a good job. You'll want to pick and choose from your existing player base. Look for people who are striving to better the server through their own hard work, by helping newcomers, and really just have an overall good character about them. When someone says, "I'll help by being an admin/mod/person with power over others" that's just screaming, "At some point, I will completely rape your server and betray your trust."

I'm not saying this method is 100% failproof, but it's going to serve you better than taking in applicants.

Also if you want professional admins (Like people who know linux like the back of their hand and can properly fix/script/code anything needed for the server you might even have to pay them) I Left my previous admin place because it's A LOT of work and it is very time consuming. It just wasn't worth it.

Anyway, listen to Moogle, Beer, and me. You want to get to know the people your promoting. and know them via skype and have a decent friendship sort of thing with them. Otherwise they could care less about you and your server.

The reason we're telling you is because we have all gone through this and I know how it ends up. IT'S NOT THE ROAD YOU WANT TO GO DOWN!

Well, a word on friendships.

Friends don't necessarily make great business partners. Look at what happened to the Yogscast. Their 'friends' ended up taking around 50k of revenue from under their noses til they discovered it. They were 'friends' until all that.

If you're going to bring a friend on, make sure you have met them in person, know where they live, and have an active social life with them. Otherwise friendship can just be one nasty facade. It sounds absolutely shallow but given how many 'friendships' have been betrayed in situations like these, I would be very hesitant about having friends as your staff. Not to be confused with being friendly, which is a completely different thing altogether

Friends don't necessarily make great business partners. Look at what happened to the Yogscast. Their 'friends' ended up taking around 50k of revenue from under their noses til they discovered it. They were 'friends' until all that.

If you're going to bring a friend on, make sure you have met them in person, know where they live, and have an active social life with them. Otherwise friendship can just be one nasty facade. It sounds absolutely shallow but given how many 'friendships' have been betrayed in situations like these, I would be very hesitant about having friends as your staff. Not to be confused with being friendly, which is a completely different thing altogether

*shudders* Oh the horrid memories -.- I know man... i definitely know about betrayal :(

When i mean friend, i mean like be comfortable talking to the mods/admins and be able to give them jobs/tasks but also stay friendly and nice with them. Play some occasional side games. Doesn't have to be just minecraft. Avoid best friends sorta of situation. It can really mess up the relationship and it will be a bitch to get over and bleh.

Keep it like a friendly workplace environment. (These tips apply for anywhere, not just minecraft)

What happened with the yogscast? I didn't hear about this and it sounds interesting.

no really im good, well u can trial me and interview me, if you dont trust me, i have been an op for a few servers before. im clean, nvr griefed before or wat so ever... u can put me on hold, and monitor as i play thru the server?

well i can over look the the server for you when its night time? as my timezone is +8 which means that i will mostly be online when ur side is at night while mine is afternoon?

no really im good, well u can trial me and interview me, if you dont trust me, i have been an op for a few servers before. im clean, nvr griefed before or wat so ever... u can put me on hold, and monitor as i play thru the server?

i wuld nvr chose u cz ur english is so bad. I mean, how could anyone take you seriously when you can't even write correctly when applying for a position of trust?

Well my english is really not that good,as it is nt my primary lang, but that dosent mean i am untrustable cause of my english...

You're untrustable because no one knows you. Has nothing to do with you, other than you're an unknown. Even if I did know you, I still wouldn't have you on as staff because if you want an effectively structured staff, you need to be able to communicate effectively and the language barrier is just that, a barrier. Although you -can- understand some english, your written skills come heavily into play and what you're presenting isn't even close to what I would consider applicable; however, that is me and how I would run things. It bears no mark on how ronkrt picks/chooses their applicants.