Are villages not spawning or is it just my seed?

Blacklight9

I found the answer to the topic.  I didn't realize that they disabled village spawning due to chunk corruption in the new build.  It's a shame.  We explored our map out to 9000+ blocks in each direction looking for villages today.   I hope they bring them back. 

I'm a completist and I want that "Full Guard" pattern in my Tinker's pattern chest!

Edited by Blacklight9

AotBT development is currently in limbo.

This is likely due to the fact the modpack maintainers/devs are going through a rotation with new people coming in, and because GenerikB has already announced the spiritual successor to AotBT which is diverting development time away from this pack.

So, it's unlikely that the pack will see many, if any, new substantial updates. As well, the issue lies with Necromancy and Biomes O'Plenty. Not Technic.

Bugger them for a fix. ;)

As for the Full Guard issue... if it's a small server (just friends), maybe the owner can instate an "honour system" quest, where you can earn the Full Guard (which the owner would then spawn in, of course)? It's the best solution I can think of.

I'm the admin and I just cheated it in because I figured by all rights that by the amount of searching, we SHOULD have had it.  BUT, I'm only allowing one.  So it's only going to exist in our spawn village.  We were lucky enough to start this map prior to updating to the new server update so we actually have "Flim Flam Town" from the official B-Team server which is kind of neat.  But it's now the ONLY officially spawned village on our map so we now feel REALLY privileged to have it.

Is there anything else that only spawns in the villages that I should spawn one of in besides the "Full Guard" pattern that we can't get anywhere else?

Edited by Blacklight9

Building a village and populating a village in survival from scratch at a location is no big deal, so that's not an issue and considering that we have the ONE naturally spawned village at our spawn (the only naturally spawned village on the whole map now because it was generated previous to this update), we at least have a supply of locked up villagers.  So emerald trading isn't a problem.  And they just started reproducing because I just found one of those necromancy ones running around the village that I had to safari net and lock up in a separate building due to their love of killing villagers. 

So I guess now, we're all set.