Launcher Crashes (Name change? "org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main" now just "Main"?)

epicnicodemus

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Latest (Mac .jar)

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion

Version of Java: Java SE 7

Description of Problem: Launcher crashes after logging in, and white screens for a second. There is no error message or anything. Also, the Launcher is usually called "org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main" but now is just called "Main".

Antivirus program: iAntivirus

Error Messages: "N/A"

Link to pastebin of log: http://www.pastie.org/4154615

Fixes I've tried: Nuking my .techniclauncher folder, redownloading the launcher.

I'm really not sure what is going on... I am running a server, and can't admin if this isn't fixed. Please help, or I might not have to shut down my server!

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've tried every single order of java versions in 64 bit and 32 bit mode and nothing has worked. The only way i've even been able to get the launcher to open is with Java 7 at the top of the list but then as soon as i load up a mode it just white screens for half a second then closes its self. so desperate now... I miss technic so much, once you go technic, vanilla just isn't the same...

Seriously, i've tried every single order multiple times the only configuration which even brings up the launcher is

1: Java 7 64bit

2: Java 6 64bit

3. Java 6 32bit

and even after getting the launcher up, none of the mod packs will work, they just whitescreen while installing

What? i don't think you understand computers. Your operating system is either 32 or 64 bit. a 64 bit operating system due to the x86 architecture, btu it isn't optimal, and most like wont function properly.

you most certainly CAN delete the other javas, and if you can't, then there probably isnt much we can do to help you, because yo udon't have permissions on your own machine.

It's a macbook pro, you can boot it in either 32 or 64 bit modes, I'm the only user of the computer im definitely an admin, you can't delete the two instances of java 6 as they are an internal part of the OS, java 7 can be deleted but that's the only version that makes the launcher work, now when i try to play/install a modpack it just says "update failed" straight away

iSiKUOoXRwkEo.png

Java 7 must stay at the top and moving the other two makes no difference

Yea, I just fixed it apparently... Go into your Java Preferences (the app "Java Preferences") and drag Java SDK 7 to the bottom of the list. It should work fine then.

Nope... now the launcher fails to even open, a little cog appears in my taskbar saying Technic Launcher Workflow Running... and nothing happens, If I use the CPU activity monitor I can see that a java process has initialised and is reportedly using 100% of my CPU.

My java isn't entitled Java SDK 7 but Java SE 7, could this be the cause?