Launcher Crashes (Name change? "org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main" now just "Main"?)

epicnicodemus

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Latest (Mac .jar)

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion

Version of Java: Java SE 7

Description of Problem: Launcher crashes after logging in, and white screens for a second. There is no error message or anything. Also, the Launcher is usually called "org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main" but now is just called "Main".

Antivirus program: iAntivirus

Error Messages: "N/A"

Link to pastebin of log: http://www.pastie.org/4154615

Fixes I've tried: Nuking my .techniclauncher folder, redownloading the launcher.

I'm really not sure what is going on... I am running a server, and can't admin if this isn't fixed. Please help, or I might not have to shut down my server!

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i've tired all the ideas and nothing still works. i can play single perfectly just cant login to severs thats about it then it white screens me their

uh, yeah, if you're playing ssp fine, then your problem has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on here. This person can't even get the launcher to open, so stop threadjacking.

It is, but you're running some kind of bizarre double-bit system, and we have no way to know what's going on. Unless another user has come up with some kind of magical fix, you'll probably need to wait for a new version that may or may not fix it. (dual booting isnt really too hard, though)

uh, yeah, if you're playing ssp fine, then your problem has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on here. This person can't even get the launcher to open, so stop threadjacking.

well they had it working then they tried some other idea and now it wont work. i would suggest if they have time machine running i would go back a few days before the issue and look over everything. thats what i had to do to get where i can play single player again and not on my friends sever. he is still trying to figure why im' white screening when i log in to all the other severs that i play on.

well they had it working then they tried some other idea and now it wont work. i would suggest if they have time machine running i would go back a few days before the issue and look over everything. thats what i had to do to get where i can play single player again and not on my friends sever. he is still trying to figure why im' white screening when i log in to all the other severs that i play on.

dude, seriously, your problem is an entirely different one, go submit your own report.

yeah, start the server with 7 and your client with 6, but this has now been nuked by Apple with the latest Java update using software update, the Java prefs has now been deleted by Apple in their infinite wisdom and now made it that little bit harder to swap Java versions.

This is for those of you that have the new Java 7 Oracle with no Java Preferences in your Utilities folder.

Java 7 will always default itself to being the main one. You have to force the Technic Launcher to open with Java 6 via the Terminal with a this code

cd Downloads

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

java -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

This means you have to download the Technic Launcher jar and not use the Mac app for it. Your easiest way is to then turn that terminal code into a command that will open the launcher when double clicked/opened.

I posted this in another thread, you need to use that code in terminal to open the launcher with Java 6 but you can't use the Mac Technic Launcher App you HAVE to use the .jar launcher.

To turn that code into a command file open textedit and paste it in there. Select all the text and go to Format>Make Plain Text. After that do a File>Save and name it whatever you want but put .command at the end.

Now open Terminal and type in: (chmod a+x ) with no brackets but make sure you keep the space and then drag the .command file into the terminal window, then press Enter. This will give the file permission to open the jar.

Note that when you download the .jar for the launcher you have to either rename the jar to "technic-launcher-latest.jar" or remove "-latest" from the command. Also make sure you keep the launcher jar in the DOWNLOADS folder otherwise the command won't work. Let me know if this works for you as it works for me and I'm able to run tekkit & my server with it.

This is for those of you that have the new Java 7 Oracle with no Java Preferences in your Utilities folder.

Java 7 will always default itself to being the main one. You have to force the Technic Launcher to open with Java 6 via the Terminal with a this code

cd Downloads

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

java -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

This means you have to download the Technic Launcher jar and not use the Mac app for it. Your easiest way is to then turn that terminal code into a command that will open the launcher when double clicked/opened.

I posted this in another thread, you need to use that code in terminal to open the launcher with Java 6 but you can't use the Mac Technic Launcher App you HAVE to use the .jar launcher.

To turn that code into a command file open textedit and paste it in there. Select all the text and go to Format>Make Plain Text. After that do a File>Save and name it whatever you want but put .command at the end.

Now open Terminal and type in: (chmod a+x ) with no brackets but make sure you keep the space and then drag the .command file into the terminal window, then press Enter. This will give the file permission to open the jar.

Note that when you download the .jar for the launcher you have to either rename the jar to "technic-launcher-latest.jar" or remove "-latest" from the command. Also make sure you keep the launcher jar in the DOWNLOADS folder otherwise the command won't work. Let me know if this works for you as it works for me and I'm able to run tekkit & my server with it.

I have a retina macbook pro

It seems i cant download Java 6 so how would i fix my problem?