I'm about to switch to Solder

CreeperShift

Just spent the last 3 hours getting Solder working on my webserver and adding the pack. I did a quick test and it's running great, however I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to anywhere:

1. What happens when a player changes a config manually? Will it revert once he closes minecraft? Or only when the modpack is updated/reinstalled?

2. If a player adds, for example, optifine manually, how will that work when the modpack is updated? Will the file be deleted? Will it be ignored? 

3. What happens when I remove a mod from the modpack or from Solder completely, will it be deleted on the client without any issues? Or must I always remove the mod from the modpack inside solder and then remove the mod itself from the system?

• Discord Moderator
  1. The local mod and config files (assuming you are pushing configs) only get modified by the Launcher when the pack updates its version number. Any mods a user adds to the /mods/ folder will not be touched by simple version updates (but would be with a pack reset).
  2. If someone adds OptiFine (or any other mods) to the /mods/ folder it will stay that way until they reset the pack.
  3. If you remove a mod from a pack build that mod will be removed from the client (from both the /cache/ and /mods/ folders).

CreeperShift:

I understand that you used to have a modpack (ZIP file based) and now switch with this modpack to Solder? Is this correct?

If so: How did you migrate your modpack into solder? Manually and by hand or did you have some sort of script/help to make it easier?

1. The local mod and config files (assuming you are pushing configs) only get modified by the Launcher when the pack updates its version number. Any mods a user adds to the /mods/ folder will not be touched by simple version updates (but would be with a pack reset).
  2. If someone adds OptiFine (or any other mods) to the /mods/ folder it will stay that way until they reset the pack.
  3. If you remove a mod from a pack build that mod will be removed from the client (from both the /cache/ and /mods/ folders).

Splendid! This should make a lot of my users very happy :) Thank you

CreeperShift:

I understand that you used to have a modpack (ZIP file based) and now switch with this modpack to Solder? Is this correct?

If so: How did you migrate your modpack into solder? Manually and by hand or did you have some sort of script/help to make it easier?

I did it manually yesterday. However after asking this I found this: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Sucks that a lot of Solder information isn't centralized somewhere and pretty hard to find.