Technic Launcher stuck at logo

Coconutsales

Question

18 answers to this question

In those 7 hours did you check this thread at all?

Maybe?

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/common-problems-and-solutions.10851/

Also nobody owes you anything, you don't get to 'demand' service, otherwise you might find out that nobody likes you!

Yes, I actually checked it 3 times through and checked all the links. The answer to my problem was not found. ._.

Yes, I actually checked it 3 times through and checked all the links. The answer to my problem was not found. ._.

Then you weren't reading. Any time downloads fail entirely (which is what happened), your antivirus/firewall is almost always to blame. So, what's yours?

I have a similar problem that my technic logo keeps freezing and the only way I can remove it is with task manager. I don't know what to do I've tried your suggestion. I used to have this problem but then it sorted itself out and worked!=D unfortunatly I had to re-download everything and the problem returns!D=

@Rainbow Dash I'm having the same problem he is with the logo currently being stuck in the center of my screen. It's been this way for 17 minutes already and I was literally just playing about an hour ago on a server absolutely fine. I've tried reinstalling but that doesn't solve my problem. Also, I can't close it with the task manager. If I click on the banner it does register that it's another running program but nothing, I will repeat it: NOTHING, happens.

EDIT: It's been 2 hours now. Still the logo.

Well for those who still are having trouble, remember to take a look at the [Common Problems and Solutions] thread.

You can also browse through the [endless stream of help threads] available from other users. Maybe somebody has the same problem as you and found a solution!

Of your problem is regarding the mod itself and not the launcher, please use the appropriate forums (i.e. if your game has started and the launcher has closed):

TEKKIT help threads: HERE

TECHNIC help threads: HERE

If nothing else helps, make a new topic yourself. Remember to include all the information they ask for. The launcher log-file is vitally important!

Log:

You find the log file (on a windows 7 system) like this:

- Press [Win]+[R]

- type '' %appdata '' into the dialogue box and hit return/enter!

- Click through the folders: .techniclauncher \ logs \

The file '' launcher_0.log '' is the latest log. Copy its contents into the correct field in your new topic/report.

If you havent tried, probably you have...

1.Open up control panel

2.Select System and Security

3.Allow a program through windows firewall

4.Click change settings and you should be able to browse and select a program

By the way this is for windows 7 if you have any other versions of somesort hopefully there shall be similar instuctions

Copied my contents from the Launcher_0.log lkie you said and this is what it says

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]------------------------------------------

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Launcher is starting....

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]OS Version: '6.1'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Is 64-bit: 'true'

[14:26:14] [sEVERE][info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]Exception in thread "main"

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]java.lang.NullPointerException

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

Yes, i have the same problem as Coconutsales :( sadly

Ive disabled

Copied my contents from the Launcher_0.log lkie you said and this is what it says

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]------------------------------------------

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Launcher is starting....

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]OS Version: '6.1'

[14:26:12] [sEVERE]Is 64-bit: 'true'

[14:26:14] [sEVERE][info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]Exception in thread "main"

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]java.lang.NullPointerException

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[14:26:14] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

Yes, i have the same problem as Coconutsales :( sadly

Ive disabled my antivirus (Norton :S) and uninstalled, reinstalled, both java AND the technic pack, and nothing seems to work. Ive read all the fixes and problems. Please tell me if you have an idea :D