Auto Broadcasts in your pacakage are making plaeyrs mad.

Mordy2011

Question

Launcher Version: Current

Operating System: 2K8

Java Version: 7 newest

Antivirus Program: The auto list update for Tekkit servers is broadcasting my whitelisted test server as being on the default port. We are just testing, not open to public. And we dont use the default port. How do I change the list updates? Players are joining us and getting upset that they are ending up on a non Tekkit server. You assumed everyone was gonna run a public server on a default port or what?

Description of Problem:

The auto list update for Tekkit servers is broadcasting my whitelisted test server as being on the default port. We are just testing, not open to public. And we dont use the default port. How do I change the list updates? Players are joining us and getting upset that they are ending up on a non Tekkit server. You assumed everyone was gonna run a public server on a default port or what?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

what are you on about? are you referring to the list of servers you've joined previously that you get when you hit "multiplayer" from the main menu? because if so, you're barking up the wrong tree by complaining here.

Something is automatically broadcasting server details to a list ive never seen. Im new to Tekkit. In any case its broadcasting this information to a server that is not open to the public, and is on port 25568 rather then 25565. So we have players joining thinking its Tekkit when its actually our Factions server. Im simply looking to disable this automatic broadcast/advertisement on the Tekkit server. Especially as its broadcasting incorrect information and wasting time for many players.

so, just to be 100% clear, somewhere out there is a list of tekkit servers. this list is being built automatically by the tekkit servers themselves sending information to said list. the list does not handle non standard server ports correctly.

taking a look through the list of mods included with tekkit, I don't see anything that does that. if your server is showing up on some magical outside list, it is not because the technic team put it there. go bitch at the people running the list. protip: it isn't us.

• Forum Administrators

The auto list update for Tekkit servers is broadcasting my whitelisted test server as being on the default port. We are just testing, not open to public. And we dont use the default port. How do I change the list updates? Players are joining us and getting upset that they are ending up on a non Tekkit server. You assumed everyone was gonna run a public server on a default port or what?

"We" don't assume anything, since I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no 'auto list update for Tekkit' and I honestly have no idea why you'd think there would be. You're welcome to look through whatever you want though and try to find something, if you are absolutely convinced we have a master list of something somewhere.