RF Generation + Tesseract (?)

Flixnelon

So, I've been playing around with this mod and I then read about how you need a "lot" of energy for Galacticraft and such, so I started setting up a simple RF generator thingy to prepare. I basically use magmatic dynamos (magma crucible and lava fabricators end up being useless here, since I'm also not doing that well with coal). Then I saw solar panels and such as well, but they are pretty much useless because they generate far too little energy.

Then I started messing around with Tesseract, but you can't pump lava through it, can you? Without a pump I mean, directly from the Nether = infinite Lava. I just need some tips on RF generation (or energy overall) and how to properly use the tesseract, if you can in this mod. I'm living on a steam engine powering a lava fabricator to power a dynamo.

I think you're pretty established by this time, if you're thinking of Galacticraft, but here's a set-up.

- Create a tree farm using MineFactory Reloaded.

- Using Thermal Expansion, create some electric furnaces.

- Use the furnaces to turn the wood from the trees into charcoal.

- Set up two or three Aqueous Accumulators in a pond, and hook that up to

- A bank of Steam Dynamos. As many as you feasibly need. A "V8" set-up may be enough for early game. Expand when necessary.

- Hook up the charcoal to the dynamos as well.

And you should be good. The set-up should be well able to power itself with energy to spare for other projects. Keep in mind that the bank of dynamos may take a while to start outputting at maximum power. The pipes will try to fill up one dynamo with a stack of coal before it will look further. So, thinking of the earlier V8, you may be running on one cylinder for a while.

I have taken the Reactent Dynamo Setup. 4 Dynamos fed with XP as liquid fuel and Netherstars as solid fuel give a ton of energy. I filled 4 resonant Energy Cells around mid game that way and have needed to produce more energy since then. Xp can be obtained through a darwin mob grinder setup easily, while the netherstars can be bought via minebay.

The problem in this pack is that the energy generation is not that fast (only 80RF/S per dynamo), but over all this pack is not that energy hungry either.

I think you're pretty established by this time, if you're thinking of Galacticraft, but here's a set-up.

- Create a tree farm using MineFactory Reloaded.

- Using Thermal Expansion, create some electric furnaces.

- Use the furnaces to turn the wood from the trees into charcoal.

- Set up two or three Aqueous Accumulators in a pond, and hook that up to

- A bank of Steam Dynamos. As many as you feasibly need. A "V8" set-up may be enough for early game. Expand when necessary.

- Hook up the charcoal to the dynamos as well.

And you should be good. The set-up should be well able to power itself with energy to spare for other projects. Keep in mind that the bank of dynamos may take a while to start outputting at maximum power. The pipes will try to fill up one dynamo with a stack of coal before it will look further. So, thinking of the earlier V8, you may be running on one cylinder for a while.

It can't be 100% automated, I assume, because of missing pipes and such? And does the tree farm require energy? I could engineer one myself or copy-paste from the internet

I have taken the Reactent Dynamo Setup. 4 Dynamos fed with XP as liquid fuel and Netherstars as solid fuel give a ton of energy. I filled 4 resonant Energy Cells around mid game that way and have needed to produce more energy since then. Xp can be obtained through a darwin mob grinder setup easily, while the netherstars can be bought via minebay.

The problem in this pack is that the energy generation is not that fast (only 80RF/S per dynamo), but over all this pack is not that energy hungry either.

I see. Sounds a bit hard to work out, but efficient. I agree with you on the energy generation speed though, on other modpacks I usually "focused" first on speed than on power.

Well its a matter of number of dynamos related to your mobfarm. You can add a lot dynamos and mob, but that will cause lag. I alway ran best with 4 dynamos along with 20 or so mobs. The initial filling takes some time, but from there on things are ok.

I am not that automation freak though. I use some of it, but never run havoc ;) not my style.

@Torezu it was introduces with mr Crayfish in I think 1.10 or so. Not entirely sure about the price, but I think it was 32 Diamonds for a Netherstar.

But of cause any other solid fuel will do as well (sugar, gun powder, blaze powder), especially when you have a decent mobtrap running.

generikb has a nice guide in his b team series using a mobtrap at one point and a darwin farm on the other. Both work out nicely. I took his darwin model and expanded ist by increasing the size and it served all my needs.

Edited by BrowserXL

I'm yet to play around with the Darwin mod, first time I spawned I was surrounded by those pokémon-y creatures, but now they seem to have gone extinct..

Also, looking again at the first reply, I see that 1. there are no electric furnaces (unless you mean redstone furnace, in which case yeah I'll use those) and 2. I only (barely) knew how to mess with buildcraft's pipes. Now I see item pipes or stuff like that, but have no idea how they work - but I'm assuming those are the ones you meant.

Yeah, itemducts and liquiducts.

And I did, indeed, mean Redstone Furnaces.

They're fairly straightforward, really.

Just remember to add a servo to the pipes, so you can filter out things like saplings and apples. Apples won't do you harm, really, but saplings and other junk can clog up the furnaces.