"Silently" catching entity tracking error - what to do?

Roversword

Hi everyone

I have an issue on my (selfmade) modpack server. A few days now it started to give out the error message below.

First, only a few times a minute and then all of a sudden several times a second.

So far I have the feeling it has to do with wither skeleton spawning like wild.

I had to reset the nether once, after seeing (with Opis) that over 25'000 skeletons have appeared (and disappeared according to opis...just had to manage to list them).

However, killing them with Opis does not help, I really had to delete the Nether. It is, of course, not a nice thing to do, but it was the only option.

Does anybody else have the same or similiar troubles? Can someone give me a hint on what I could do?

Error message:

[20:28:01] [server thread/ERROR]: "Silently" catching entity tracking error.
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Adding entity to track
        at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72785_a(EntityTracker.java:230) [mn.class:?]
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.EntityRegistry.tryTrackingEntity(EntityRegistry.java:364) [EntityRegistry.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72786_a(EntityTracker.java:61) [mn.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.WorldManager.func_72703_a(SourceFile:31) [mp.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72923_a(World.java:1347) [ahb.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72923_a(WorldServer.java:844) [mt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72868_a(World.java:3304) [ahb.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76631_c(Chunk.java:921) [apx.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:46) [ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) [ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344) [AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302) [AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12) [ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126) [ms.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) [ms.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199) [ms.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419) [ahb.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:345) [ahb.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147437_c(World.java:365) [ahb.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.block.BlockStaticLiquid.func_149674_a(SourceFile:55) [ant.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:391) [mt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183) [mt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Entity is already tracked!

Modpack:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/rovers-mod-pack.322880

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/rovers-mod-pack

Edited by Roversword

Does that error crash your server? I'm pretty sure I've been getting similar errors (no crash though) and I want to say it's related to EnderIO Wither Skeleton entity. A couple days ago I found over 800 wither skeletons in our nether (/cofh killall witherSkeleton will kill them as long as the nether is loaded).

Hi there....

Thanks a lot....yes, it CAN crash my server. However, it does not always. Sometimes it just gives out the message over and over again. I get the feeling that it may cause some lag.

Thank you for the command. Right now there are not wither skeletons present (and no other entity which appears to be faulty), however, the error is still there...

Any way to tell my server to stop spawning them? Any parameter in the config?

Hi there....

Thanks a lot....yes, it CAN crash my server. However, it does not always. Sometimes it just gives out the message over and over again. I get the feeling that it may cause some lag.

Thank you for the command. Right now there are not wither skeletons present (and no other entity which appears to be faulty), however, the error is still there...

Any way to tell my server to stop spawning them? Any parameter in the config?

Don't think there is a way to stop them.  Maybe something with EnderZoo spawn configs if you know how to use it (instructions are in the XML IIRC).

I know what it is, it has been reported with my modpack and it relates to EnderPumps on the nether. They make the skeleton spawn rate massive and this makes this error. More information here.

Aww damn if it's related to ExU it means it probably won't get fixed for a while :(. Thanks for link that issue though; pretty crazy how mod interactions can cause bugs like this.

I know what it is, it has been reported with my modpack and it relates to EnderPumps on the nether. They make the skeleton spawn rate massive and this makes this error. More information here.

Thank you very much for your information. This is very helpful.

One question though: So as long as there is an enderpump in the Nether, there will be this error message...no matter how many of those skeletons are around?

Thank you very much for your information. This is very helpful.

One question though: So as long as there is an enderpump in the Nether, there will be this error message...no matter how many of those skeletons are around?

Not too sure, if you really wish to know you can test it yourself

Not too sure, if you really wish to know you can test it yourself

Well, I certainly will.

How have you solved the issue if I may ask?

At the moment my approach would be to disallow ender-thermic pumps in the Nether (which kinda defeats their purpose overall). Did you solve it using another approach? In EnderZoo.cfg or SpawnConfig_Core.xml I do not find anything related to Wither Skeletons, therefore I am not sure if I just could disable the mob (which would in my opinion be less invasive).

Edited by Roversword

Well, I certainly will.

How have you solved the issue if I may ask?

At the moment my approach would be to disallow ender-thermic pumps in the Nether (which kinda defeats their purpose overall). Did you solve it using another approach? In EnderZoo.cfg or SpawnConfig_Core.xml I do not find anything related to Wither Skeletons, therefore I am not sure if I just could disable the mob (which would in my opinion be less invasive).

The problem is the EnderPump from Extra Utilities and it has nothing to do with Ender Zoo. You just need to remove the pump and the issue should fix itself :)