Energy conversion

unknownerror

Hey guys im new ish to tekkit, im wondering is there a way i can power Thermal expansion stuff with BC energy as ive tried to use energy conducts and kinesis pipes to power energy cells and it doesnt work? As im using combustion engines but cant seem to store the power anywhere, am i missing something or is it not possible, im also using the newest verison of tekkit.

Can anyone help?

Edited by unknownerror

MJ producers are obsolete. Use Dynamos and/or Big Reactors.

The Buildcraft MJ stuff is still there because Buildcraft is still there and some old-fashioned users might still want its legacy power. But the primary system in Tekkit is RF, and you will only get good results when you stick to that.

I personally LOVE the Big Reactors mod. The best thing about it is that the reactors will never explode, only lose energy. I don't exactly know if Extra Utilities is in the Tekkit Main modpack, but if it is, start with a Furnace Generator from that mod and then upgrade to a Big Reactors reactor after you have started off with that.

My setup for RF Generation looks like this:

I use Thermal Expansion's Tesseracts or Ender IO's Dimensional Transceivers to teleport the power around my world. This power setup is valid for about 50-60 quarries running at full power as well as 60-70 machines and 3 ME Networks.ygMrreV.jpg

Tekkit has Extra Utilities, but an old version without the generators. Ender IO is not included, either.

I do agree that these mods add good variety to the game, but we will have to wait for new Tekkit to see that - if IskanDar adds them.

Especially Dimensional Transceivers are vastly superior to Tesseracts, although they are quirky to make.

It has not been officially announced, so nobody knows for certain. However, there is a good chance that the current Tekkit is left intact and possibly renamed for clarification. The same happened to what is now Tekkit Classic - it once used to be the main pack on Minecraft 1.2.5, and has been preserved for players who just wish to continue playing the same thing with their old worlds, with all the old limitations.

Taking worlds from current Tekkit to a 1.7.10-based pack will generally be hard or even impossible without some major script-fu. There have been big changes in Minecraft between 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, most notably a new block ID handling. So for all intents and purposes, 1.7.10 is considered "savegame incompatible".