About plugins.

I just have a question. Do all plugins work fine with Tekkit, and if so what would be a good one to disable the spawning of certain mobs? I want to turn off creepers, but unfortunately I can't find any plugins that are updated that handle mob spawning. Maybe I'm just bad at searching for plugins on the Bukkit site, but if plugins are safe to use with Tekkit, what is a good one that handles the spawning of certain mobs? Creepers can really screw stuff up, and I really don't want that happening.

Thanks. So I'm guessing I'll have to also get the EssentialsProtect.jar right? I can work out the config for essentials myself, I've gone through it like 50 times.

I'd also like to take suggestions from people on some good plugins to use, that are useful for a group of friends (4) to use while playing Tekkit (survival mode).

I guess that since Essentials works that means most plugins work? That's pretty cool that they got a SMP version of these mods to work with the powerful CraftBukkit. It's quite amazing.

Yep you will need to get that jar as well.

Another option would be worldguard which I believe can prevent creeper destruction as well. I personally use essentials as I am using it for a lot of other things as well.