Trouble with Big Reactors/Transfer Nodes

Teknaut

I've been trying to upgrade my reactor from passively cooled to actively cooled with turbines.  Everything seems to be working except that my reactor is constantly running out of water.  I had been using aqueous accumulators to supply water, but they are woefully inadequate.  In searching for an alternative I found transfer nodes from extra utilities.  However  I can't get liquid transfer nodes to pump water.  I have one positioned and facing a water source block and loaded it up with mining upgrades, but there's nothing happening.  I found a reference to a "world interaction" upgrade on the FTB wiki, but that doesn't seem to exist in Tekkit.  I was successfully able to get an item transfer node to mine a cobblestone generator...but fluid ones aren't working at all.  I'm close to giving up and just using passive reactors again, but I was really looking forward to using turbines.  I'd be disappointed to have to abandon that project.  Any advice? Thanks in advance.

World Interaction Upgrades are a new addition in the 1.7.10-based version of Extra Utilities. In 1.6.4 Tekkit, you should only require speed upgrades to get the Liquid Transfer Nodes pumping faster.

I never used them myself for this purpose, so I don't know what they need. The easiest solution by far is just placing the Fluid Ports of your Reactor and Turbine facing each other directly. It's a bit fiddly to set up in this old version, because the state (input or output) can only be set from the inside that way, and this requires a completed Turbine. But the ports remember their settings while placed, so you can do it.

You still need an additional Reactor Fluid port for first filling, but a single Aqueous Accumulator should be enough to supply it. The main feed should be sustainable later on with the steam/water loop between the two machines.