Dragonriders of pern

Jay?

I just went on vacation and my dad gave me a couple of the books from this series.

Now, i can afford to buy the whole set if i want to, but is it worth it? are they actually good, or just super generic unimaginative fantasy, like the cover suggests?

• 2 weeks later...

I know the vast majority of you probably don't give a rats ass on a stick, but HOT DAMN.

I just read three books in as many days of this series, and i am sold. If any of you get the chance to check out these books DO IT. It is worth it.

Also, I'm thinking of turning this into a book club thread. Opinions? Am I alone in this?

EDIT: Did I just double post? Well, you saw it here first, i am not perfect. Feel free to link to this post next time i make fun of you for doing something dumb. (please be advised that you still did something dumb, and will still be made fun of)

I own most of these, and enjoyed them. Their target audience is more late teens, I'd say, and most of them are relatively short - but I still enjoy reading them every now and then.

There are continuity issues between some of the earliest books and the later ones - but then that's not exactly uncommon with series written over the course of many years.

I own most of these, and enjoyed them. Their target audience is more late teens, I'd say, and most of them are relatively short - but I still enjoy reading them every now and then.

There are continuity issues between some of the earliest books and the later ones - but then that's not exactly uncommon with series written over the course of many years.

Also, the series involves time travel, so i resigned myself to continuity issues after the end of the first book.

Anne Mccaffrey. My dad had the entire set. I read every single one of them in middle school.

They are definitely worth the read. She's still writing them with her husband and they're supposed to start shooting a movie this year.

I heard about that, and i'm now dreading it, because the guy who directed transformers is listed as the director.

He totally butchered those movies.

The first one was ok.

I think he'll be able to handle a feudal sci-fi.

I'm going to need to disagree.

Besides, apparently Ronald Moore was interested in doing something with Pern a few years ago, and i think he happens to be a much better fit.

looking at all the other junk that Don Murphy produced is deepening my fears of the movie ending up badly.