Multicraft Questions

HalestormXV

Alright so i purchased a copy of multicraft for my dedicated box. I have my server installed on it and installed multicraft. Everything is perfect. Not a single issue......almost. I have two questions.

1) I accidentally deleted my multicraft.log file (i thought i was in my backup directory) and its gone. So I recreated it however it doesn't populate. Any idea how to fix?

2) I cannot for the life of my get the System Resources bars to show up. They are configured to show up, they are configured to be activated and they pop up momentarily when I am starting my server and then disappear. I have no idea why. I did read this: http://www.multicraft.org/site/docs?view=troubleshooting#23 however that is not my issue. It's not that it doesn't display, its that it is there for a second when I am starting up my server and then disappears. And before I accidentally deleted my log i would check it and there were no errors.

Anyone have any tips/fixes for this? I will probably go over to multicraft and seek out support there if necessary. But we are all pretty knowledgeable folk for the most part, so I figured i'd ask here first.

As for 1)

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?" -> meaning...if there is nothing other borked, then you a restart of the multicraft service should do the trick (at least that is what usually helps with linux processes...either restart or reload).

reasons is -> you have deleted the file while a valid file pointer was active and the programm might still think it is valid....you need to make sure the programm "refreshes" those information.

But I do not know multicraft, therefore this is just a general idea.

First situation was resolved. Thanks for the tip. I rebooted my entire Linux system since I made some other kernal changes and java environment changes. Restarted the Multicraft Daemon and the log started to auto-populate itself no problem.

All that is left is issue two which I just can't seem to figure out. I mean if it wasn't showing up at all then it is different. What boggles my mind is that it shows up for a second and then disappears.