Need help adding more ram to tekkit lite server 11+ hours no luck

hi i have put many many hours into tekkit lite but had to get a new hard drive so i am starting off from scratch. I am able to set up the tekkit lite server and enter the server fine through the technic launcher but seem to be restricted to about 178mb of ram. i upped the amount to 4gb in the technic launcher but nothing changed. no matter what i do i cant seem to feed the server more ram, please help i have been working at this for over 5 hours now and was working for almost 4 hours yesterday with no luck. i have searched everywhere and paging through these files so much i am actually starting to get to know them and their contents by memory. when trying to launch from launch.bat it says that it doesnt have enough memory to work through a 3.1ish GB heap but when i try to manually increase to 4GB to get it to work i get a message saying the amount is invalid for some reason. can anyone help please.

• Discord Moderator
  • You shouldn't be running the minecraft_server.jar. You should be using the launch.bat file provided in the the server download to Launch Forge (TekkitLite.jar) with the correct command line parameters. Without that, even if you run TekkitLite.jar manually it will use the default RAM which is much lower than required.

i originally tried to but got an error message so i figured i was using the wrong file. when trying to run launch.bat i get a message in the cmd window that says:

C:UsersCodyDownloadsTekkit_Lite_server_0.6.5>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar TekkitLite.jar nogui

Error occutted during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 314728KB object heap

im not sure where this is coming from, I know for sure that i have 8gb working RAM in my system. I have also tried going in manually and tried to have it run as -Xmx4G -Xms3G  because i thought that it was only getting 3gbs which wasnt enough for the object heap that the cmd mentioned but then i get another error file saying that -Xmx4G is invalid.

Edited by cammanders

is it ok if i leave -Xms2G alone or shouldi change it to a smaller value?

edit: after messing around with the numbers i got the server to start working with

-Xmx1G -Xms1G

kind of confusing though because i though for sure that i would be able to use a little more RAM than just 1gb, is this normal?

Edited by cammanders