Trying to create a server, but having problems.

(On Mac)

So basically i'm trying to create an Attack of the B team server which i can use to play with my friends. I downloaded the server pack from the modpack website, deleted the launch.sh, created a new text edit with,

#!/bin/bash
cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar BTeam.jar -o true

in it and saved it with the name 'start.command'. I then went into terminal, typed 'chmod a+x' and dragged 'start.command' into it and pressed enter. I then closed it, and opened 'start.command', it ended with [process complete] at the bottom. i figured out that i needed java 1.7, as forge is working on it so 1.8 works. So i uninstalled 1.8 by going to finder->go->go to folder->/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines, and deleted it. i then clicked on the link for 1.7, downloaded it and installed it. after that i went on 'start.command' and it didn't show with the [process complete] and worked. I went into the server properties, put in my hamachi ip, and saved and quit it. i opened attack of the b-team, tried connecting to the server, but it said Connection Lost, Failed to login: bad login. Could someone please help me, i've been trying to create this server for hours.

• Discord Moderator
  • Java 8 works fine with BTeam. You just need to add the legacyjavafixer JAR file to the server's /mods/ folder.
  • 1024M is pretty low for a BTeam server.
  • If you use Java 7 you will need to increase the permanent generation space allocated to the server process: -XX:MaxPermSize=128M (or higher)
  • Remove the IP setting in the server.properties file and try connecting again. It is always best to try it "normally" before adding in Hamachi.