Inside: caspertheghost tells you how to run a server on a Mac

chamiet11

Hi, sorry if in the wrong section but i have an annoying question to ask,

How on earth do i create the server on mac or how to run it coz i install it then i dunno what to do,

Sorry to be a pain but please give me an answer,

Many Thanks

Chamiet11 Mod edit: Don't do this.

Oh yeh also if anyone has one readymade 4 mac could u send it :)

Re: How are you supposed to create a tekkit server on mac?

Hi, sorry if in the wrong section but i have an annoying question to ask,

How on earth do i create the server on mac or how to run it coz i install it then i dunno what to do,

Sorry to be a pain but please give me an answer,

Many Thanks

Chamiet11

Oh yeh also if anyone has one readymade 4 mac could u send it :)

EDIT: I made a video for the visual learners out there (I know you exist ¬¬)

Download this file

http://www.mediafire.com/?albs73xkarrop71

Then, open terminal (search for it in spotlight if you don't already know how to open it) and type "chmod a+x " (don't type the quotes) and drag your LaunchServer.command file that you downloaded into the open terminal window and press return.

Next, you need to place your Tekkit_Server_2 folder onto your desktop.

Now you need to config your server.properties file (inside your Tekkit_Server_2 folder) .

Right click server.proberties and then go to open with > other...

Find text edit in the list of apps and open server.properties with text edit.

Make sure you change the server ip field to point to your computers ip (you can find it in System Preferences > Network >Advanced >TCP/IP).

Port forward your router if you need too (Im so not writing a tut on this because there are already millions).

Now you can mess with any other settings in the server.properties file, and when your done save and exit.

If you feel so inclined you can also edit other mod cfg files (also not going into detail on this) just right click and open with text edit like you did before.

And for the finale, double click the LaunchServer.command file and if all went as planned your server should start.

If there are any errors with this someone please let me know because i typed this from memory...

Good Luck!

• 3 months later...

Hey casper when i try to download the file it says file or download not found. Did u stop updating it or stop it all together. I hope u didnt cause u r my only hope (not to sound like prinsess lea) and if u did stop it plzzz restart it.

• 1 month later...