update failed

TNSScarecrow

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: windows

Java Version: 64 bit

Antivirus Program: whenever i click on login it loads for a split second then says 'update failed' yes, there is another forum maybe right below this one with the same issue, but i couldnt understand what they were saying because i dont speak computer. so can someone please dumb it down for me on how to fix this problem?

Description of Problem:

whenever i click on login it loads for a split second then says 'update failed' yes, there is another forum maybe right below this one with the same issue, but i couldnt understand what they were saying because i dont speak computer. so can someone please dumb it down for me on how to fix this problem?

Error Messages:

update failed

Error Log:

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure if there is a solution to it at this moment. Does anyone have a proper solution for this?

This specific issue isn't listed in the common issues topic at the moment - as far as I can tell anyway. (It is, but this has been attempted as a fix by many already. Unfortunately unsuccessfully) I would suggest just trying to keep reading those other threads or keep an eye on this:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/common-problems-and-solutions.10851/

EDIT: Also, you could try running it through the JAR file. Download the latest JAR, right-click it and select "Open". This has worked for a couple already.

Hi,

I seem to have the exact same issue. I have also been trying out the EXE, will try your suggestion of running the JAR and see what happens. But it is an issue, and an annoying one to say the least. It also doesn't matter which version you select, it fails on everyone.

Hope we can help with troubleshooting.