World looking lost and beyond recovery/repair

Sweet_Tooth_RAF

Question

I've had a server for about a month and I've gotten to the point where I have enough resources to make a whole regiment of fully upgraded power armor units (that's just my way of letting you know how much that is, how valuable it is and how hard we worked for it all)
Anyway, I can't open the world in MC Edit like I had been to add in the lava borders I make for my factories, so that's when I started worrying that something is screwing up the world, and that was about a week ago so the only different is now is I have to get 600 buckets of lava manually placed on the borders of new factories
And now tonight about 4 hours ago me and a mate went into a Mystcraft age specifically made for that super cold blue stuff, anyway the server couldn't handle it and we both lost connection, I saved the world, rebooted the server and logged in and I was just floating in nothingness slowly falling from 124 to around 70 to when it would lose connection again... To my own server... I am the server....
So I copy the world into the singleplayer saves to see if I can just move myself to the Overworld as the server may not be able to load Mystcraft ages first thing on startup, but as soon as it looks like the world is loaded and I can start running around - the game just closes. Doesn't even pop-up saying Tekkit has stopped working, do you want to wait for it the respond blah blah blah...
So because I can't use MC Edit to move myself and my friend from the Mystcraft world back to the Overworld, and I can't even play it in singlepayer... Is my world lost forever? Is there anything I can do now to fix this? The only fix which is really a huge compromise is to use the server as it was 2-3 days ago, and a lot changed in the last 3 days.... We made a nether ore pulverising/smelting factory for the nether quarry (which is why I needed the super cold blue stuff).... I know this is a long explanation of the issue at hand but if I were to lose the world entirely then I wouldn't be able to play this game again for another 12 months..

1 answer to this question