Adding texture packs

Guest Alex Mindock

Guest Alex Mindock

How do you install texture packs to the single player Tekkit? I'm using the 3.0.4 launcher and I'm on a mac. For minecraft I just put the contents of the texture pack zip into the same folder that the Minecraft launcher is in, but I'm not sure what to do with Tekkit because it isn't running from normal Minecraft. I've tried everything I can think of. Ideas? Is there a solution?

Guest Alex Mindock

I've tried putting the zip, un-zipped folder, and even the folder's contents in there, nothing.

Guest Alex Mindock

Ahhh! I finally figured it out! You don't put the downloaded zip in the texture pack folder, you have to open the zip, open the folder, then compress the contents into a new zip, then put that into the texture pack folder. I've been doing it wrong for ages :/ I feel stupid now, but hopefully this will help someone in the future.

• 7 years later...
On 7/5/2012 at 2:17 AM, Guest Alex Mindock said:

Ahhh! I finally figured it out! You don't put the downloaded zip in the texture pack folder, you have to open the zip, open the folder, then compress the contents into a new zip, then put that into the texture pack folder. I've been doing it wrong for ages 😕 I feel stupid now, but hopefully this will help someone in the future.

thanks for the help ive been struggling with this