Custom Modpack Not Loading

Gunner Bones

Hello,

I am having troubles creating mod packs. I have done everything the tutorials ask, and whichever method I'm trying is not working. This is my third attempt on a mod pack, and created a big world for this pack and I really want this to be a mod pack so it's easier for people to access this. 

My method that I thought would work was renaming the forge.jar to modpack.jar and putting it in bin, while the mods go in mods and core mods go in coremods. I used Copy.com as the source because Dropbox and Google drive are not helpful. I made sure I copied the download link and pasted it into Technic. I know it would've worked because when I tried using just NEI, Technic successfully downloaded it but kept crashing on attempting to play it. When I tried all of the mods Technic couldn't find the source.

Does anyone know a better solution????

Thanks, Gunner

Modpack Link from Technic: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/lucky-blocks-challenge

Download link from Copy.com: https://copy.com/HcQ9EaYd0vBfay7N/LuckyChallenge.zip?download=1

Modpack Information: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/lucky-blocks-challenge.627397

Edited by Gunner Bones

• Discord Moderator

This belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a nice admin will move it.

• Forge for MC >= 1.6 does not use a /coremods/ folder in any way. All mods belong in or below the /mods/ folder.
  • It looks like you have extracted some of the mod archives. They should be left as their JAR or ZIP files.

This belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a nice admin will move it.

• Forge for MC >= 1.6 does not use a /coremods/ folder in any way. All mods belong in or below the /mods/ folder.
  • It looks like you have extracted some of the mod archives. They should be left as their JAR or ZIP files.

​Thanks for the help!

I did that and believe it or not my mod pack loaded. However when it loaded the second window with Minecraft, it briefly showed the black screen and crashed, saying "There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail". (Crash report attached)

crash-2015-04-01_14.36.14-client.txt

• Discord Moderator
  • CodeChickenLib, Forge Multipart and MrTJPCore belong in /mods/1.7.10/
  • It looks like you just zipped up the folders for the mods that were previously extracted. You need to remove those and re-download them from the appropriate locations.
  • Many of your mods are out of date. I would highly recommend updating them to the latest versions.

• CodeChickenLib, Forge Multipart and MrTJPCore belong in /mods/1.7.10/
  • It looks like you just zipped up the folders for the mods that were previously extracted. You need to remove those and re-download them from the appropriate locations.
  • Many of your mods are out of date. I would highly recommend updating them to the latest versions.

​Hello again, and thanks for that! I am almost done!

I moved those three mods into 1.7.10 and I re-downloaded OreSpawn and LuckyBlocks. Minecraft got past the black screen and went to the Mojang screen, and I was viewing the monitor to make sure it runs well. It went pretty far, then it crashed however saying this in the monitor:

[B#283]  #
[B#283]  # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
[B#283]  #
[B#283]  #  SIGBUS (0xa) at pc=0x0000000109485fe6, pid=507, tid=4867
[B#283]  #
[B#283]  # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_05-b13) (build 1.8.0_05-b13)
[B#283]  # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.5-b02 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops)
[B#283]  # Problematic frame:
[B#283]  # C  [libzip.dylib+0x2fe6]  newEntry+0x154
[B#283]  #
[B#283]  # Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
[B#283]  #
[B#283]  # An error report file with more information is saved as:
[B#283]  # /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/lucky-blocks-challenge/hs_err_pid507.log
[B#283]  Compiled method (nm)   44811 3510     n 0       java.util.zip.ZipFile::getNextEntry (native)
[B#283]   total in heap  [0x000000010a432b50,0x000000010a432e98] = 840
[B#283]   relocation     [0x000000010a432c70,0x000000010a432cb0] = 64
[B#283]   main code      [0x000000010a432cc0,0x000000010a432e98] = 472
[B#283]  #
[B#283]  # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
[B#283]  #   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
[B#283]  # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
[B#283]  # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
[B#283]  #

UPDATE: After that crash Minecraft now successfully loads with everything I want. Huh, I guess it sorted itself out? I hope that doesn't happen to people doing this first time.

Thanks for all the help, Gunner

Edited by Gunner Bones