Illegal Characters In Path

Hi, I'm relatively new here and a problem has been plaguing me for months. I've looked all over for solutions and could find none. When I attempt to run the Tekkit .exe, an error message pops up that reads:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Illegal Characters In Path"

When I click Continue, the launcher stays stuck on a message that reads: "Checking Launcher Version". I am then unable to do anything from that point onwards except quitting the launcher. If I click Quit, the application closes.

If anyone could help me, that would be amazing.

• 1 month later...

If it's your Java Path go here: http://condor.depaul.edu/slytinen/instructions/setupj2sewin7.html

For 64 bit systems, it should be "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin" or something to that affect. Check your Program Files folder and the Java directory for the exact directory. FYI, it'd probably be easier to just re-install Java7 and try again.

If that doesn't fix it, abandon all hope here and go post a proper bug report in the proper forum (the bug forum).

• 2 weeks later...