Unable to Download Modpacks?

AccioJennifer

Question

Hello!

For some reason when I downloaded Technic Launcher, I can't download any of the default modpacks. It acts like it is installing & completing installation, but it doesn't actually download. It just leaves me with the two options to either delete the modpack or to install. I looked for an error log and I didn't see one. Here is my system information if you need to know:

MacBook Pro Mid 2012
Version 10.10.3 OS X Yosemite

If you need any other information please let me know.

12 answers to this question

• Moderators

Accio, post your log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Weliketop, make your own report

• Moderators

a log should be created the moment you start the launcher. Are you telling me the logs folder is empty?

I gave the wrong pathway.

If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside "User Name" -> Library -> Application Support -> techniclauncher -> logs
This is the path on Mac

Edited by Munaus

• Moderators
[SEVERE] java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 47: file:///Users/username/Library/Application Support/technic/logs/

why it is showing an error to the logs is beyond me...

what java do you have installed?

Do you have any security software (antivirus, firewall) that could block the launcher? There are some aggressive ones that can block without notifying the user

• Moderators

I've used Avast in the past and it worked great.

Try disabling it, just to be sure, and start the launcher and install a modpack (preferably a Technic modpack - Tekkit, Hexxit or Attack of the B-team)