Stops while downloading mods

xXnightxXhawk

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Version 7 Update 5

Antivirus Program: Okay so the launcher loads and everything. But when I go to Technic or Tekkit or any other mod, it will say a % number and then mincraft.jar and will not download to 100%. Before it would run perfectly fine without a problem. So when this happened I uninstalled a bunch of times the technic launcher and still nothing, i restarted my router, my computer. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my Java's. Please Help! But my Antivirus program has nothing to do with it, already checked.

Description of Problem:

Okay so the launcher loads and everything. But when I go to Technic or Tekkit or any other mod, it will say a % number and then mincraft.jar and will not download to 100%. Before it would run perfectly fine without a problem. So when this happened I uninstalled a bunch of times the technic launcher and still nothing, i restarted my router, my computer. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my Java's. Please Help! But my Antivirus program has nothing to do with it, already checked.

Error Messages:

Download Failed

Error Log:

17 answers to this question

1. Go into task bar.

2. Right click the AVG icon.

3. Click Temporarily disable protection.

4. Run the update

If it works, you can reenable protection. You will have to do this every update.

If it doesn't, uninstall AVG, repeat.

If it still doesn't, THEN whine about it not being AVG.