My modpack doesn't work.

Roadhog360

I create a private modpack for my server on Technic. Whenever it launches, I see all the mods and Forge appear correctly in its directory, but when I try to launch the game, Minecraft has a black screen for a few seconds, and then crashes. I have no idea why. The same forge version and same mods work on my regular launcher, why do I get problems here?
Crash: http://pastebin.com/w0Gt62UZ

Note: If I'm not suppose to post on this forum topic, I'm sorry, but when I went to go to bug reports for Technic, it said to go here.

• Discord Moderator

This is the right place for custom modpack support.

Always provide the API URL or a link to the pack details page when requesting custom modpack assistance.

I'm a bit unclear. Are you saying your client is crashing or the server is crashing?

"but when I try to launch the game, Minecraft has a black screen for a few seconds, and then crashes." 

I'm a bit unclear. Are you saying your client is crashing or the server is crashing?

Client just closes itself when I launch it. It works fine on a regular client and not a Technic one, which makes no sense.

Edited by Roadhog360

• Discord Moderator

@Roadhog:

Yes, I saw that sentence. I also saw the one where you said "I create a private modpack for my server on Technic.". This is confusing. However, thank you for clarifying that it is indeed the client you are having troubles with.

However, you have twice been asked to provide the API URL or a link to the pack details page but have yet to provide that information. We cannot help you without it.

Sorry, I didn't see your request.
You can test it by using this pack here: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/simpleores-mod

@Roadhog:

"I create a private modpack for my server on Technic."

​Sorry for that sentence being dry of detail. Let's rephrase that. It's a private mod pack on the Technic Platform for my server to allow players to easily install the mods to join, but I can't get it working. Can you please also explain why a regular client works on this mod but a Technic client fails to run the mods?

Edited by Roadhog360

• Discord Moderator
  • Your modpack location URL is invalid. Copy.com links must have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to them in order to properly function in the platform.
  • You need to be using the "latest" versions of ChickenBones mods.
  • Your OptiFine is out of date and incompatible with the version of Forge you have.

• Your modpack location URL is invalid. Copy.com links must have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to them in order to properly function in the platform.
  • You need to be using the "latest" versions of ChickenBones mods.
  • Your OptiFine is out of date and incompatible with the version of Forge you have.

​I'm not sure if I can agree with this, as these same mods work fine on the latest 1.7.10 forge on a regular client.

What's up with that?

You need to be using the "latest" versions of ChickenBones mods.
Can't, these mods are 1.7.10.
​I guess I'll try changing the mods around a bit.

EDIT: Updating the mods and fiddling with them worked! Thanks dude! I'm declaring this issue as resolved.

Edited by Roadhog360