Jetpack damage even when going down slowly!

!This problem only exists in SMP!

In single player when I descend on my jetpack I do it slowly to avoid fall damage but I SMP if you fly up high you can descend super slowly but you get as much damage as if you would have jumped of your flight peak. How do I make my server recalculate fall damage if I hover down slowly.

I hope somebody can help me with this.

!This problem only exists in SMP!

In single player when I descend on my jetpack I do it slowly to avoid fall damage but I SMP if you fly up high you can descend super slowly but you get as much damage as if you would have jumped of your flight peak. How do I make my server recalculate fall damage if I hover down slowly.

I hope somebody can help me with this.

"If you go high into the air, you will take massive amounts of fall damage, even if you are going very slowly downward, like in Hover Mode. This is because of the minecraft coding itself. Fall damage is calculated by your highest height before your descent. May be fixed in the future (UPDATE: As of version 3.0.4 of Tekkit, descending with Hover Mode, or sufficiently reducing velocity manually, will result in no fall damage being taken.) Also applies to the Electric Jetpack ." ~Tekkit Wiki

According to a short quip by one of the developers of industrial craft over teamspeek in one of direwolf20's server play videos. They have apparently finally fixed this bug, and it will be included in the next release. You will no longer take fall damage while using a jet pack.

In the mean time, work your way towards quantum boots. They negate fall damage and only cost a little less then a stack of UU-Matter.