Nether portal bug in custom modpack, please help!

donbrko

Okay so, what happens is this: 

Basically you can't exit the nether. This is a custom modpack that me and my friend made, and we've been testing it out. We're currently live on the Technic platform, check out the modpack here ( not advertising) if you'd like to see the bug for yourself :

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/hcl-veracity.570193

If anyone knows what mods cause this, or what's wrong, please, we need help on this one.

Screenshots of the mods:

http://prntscr.com/738qzn

[1.7.10 folder]

http://prntscr.com/738r75

Sorry if I missed the subforum here, didn't know where else to ask. New user here.

PS I also don't know if it doesn't work with other dimensions. Haven't tested.

EDIT: Now I can't even access the nether on the server. Weird.

Edited by donbrko

• Discord Moderator

This post does belong in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a kind admin will move it.

That being said, this is one of the best formatted custom modpack assistance posts I've seen. A video showing exactly what's going on, a link to your pack, a text explanaiton with supporting evidence.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any references to this problem. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I just don't remember where I saw it before. That being said, the mods in your pack are mostly very old. The likely culprit is some odd incompatibility between mods which updating could likely resolve.

Well, I'm trying my best to explain what's going on with it. Also, hopefully it will get moved, thanks for letting me know. I have googled for ages but I just couldn't stumble upon an answer for this. Mods are old, yeah, but we're re-doing the pack and trying to fix all the bugs. It's about a month or two since we last updated? Not sure. We were pretty busy with it. Thanks for your answer and hopefully this will get moved. ( admins pl0x :3 )

• Discord Moderator

Moved.  What do you mean by "can't access the nether"?  It does the same thing on the overworld side?

​No, using OP's pack, one can construct a nether portal in the overworld and successfully enter the nether. One just gets dumped back into the nether when trying to use a nether portal in the nether after traveling there originally from the overworld.

​No, using OP's pack, one can construct a nether portal in the overworld and successfully enter the nether. One just gets dumped back into the nether when trying to use a nether portal in the nether after traveling there originally from the overworld.

​I saw the video.  I was just wondering what "can't access the nether" meant, since in the video he can obviously access the nether - he just can't get out of it.