question for a new server owner

i just started a server so me and my gf can play tekkit together. i only dl'd the 3.0.4 version from the tekkit section of this website. How do you save? it says saving when i hit escape, but i know this isnt SSP and am afraid if i close the server out our hard work will dissappear. There's no plugins installed and unlike vanilla minecraft server, there is no /save command. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

"/save-all" from in-game or "save-all" in the console...just like regular MC.

You do have to be an OP to use it though, I believe.

Also, if you "/stop" or "stop" the server, it should save everything as it shuts down.

lol server is constantly saving thats what the world folder is

The server saves at specific intervals, like the client would in SSP. However, it doesn't save after every action and it's entirely possible to play for an hour and have a crash that eliminates the past hour's work if the server isn't able to save before shutting down.

If one were to save or shut down the server properly using the stop command, one shouldn't have to worry about the server failing to save their progress (short of unexpected crashes and freezes). Nevertheless, it can't hurt to save manually after or during important projects on the off chance a crash does occur.

The server saves at specific intervals, like the client would in SSP. However, it doesn't save after every action and it's entirely possible to play for an hour and have a crash that eliminates the past hour's work if the server isn't able to save before shutting down.

If one were to save or shut down the server properly using the stop command, one shouldn't have to worry about the server failing to save their progress (short of unexpected crashes and freezes). Nevertheless, it can't hurt to save manually after or during important projects on the off chance a crash does occur.

if you read when you use /stop in console it says saving world/saving chunks

if you read when you use /stop in console it says saving world/saving chunks

If you were to read my post:

If one were to save or shut down the server properly using the stop command...

I know.

Some people don't use the stop command (I don't know why).

It doesn't hurt to know that both exist. If your server crashes, do you have a chance to use the stop command? Did you even read the post you quoted?

If you were to read my post:

I know.

Some people don't use the stop command (I don't know why).

It doesn't hurt to know that both exist. If your server crashes, do you have a chance to use the stop command? Did you even read the post you quoted?

well lol not using the stop command and just xing out of the window is callig for corrupted world and other crap