Custom Modpack server hosting assistance.

Prophet316

Hi there guys,

I'm from the UK and my mates are Aussies, so we want to play on a server which will give us the fairest latency. We've determined a West Coast American server would be ideal. We understand we'll both get lag, but nothing compared to if I hosted it or vice versa.

The custom mod pack I want to host is the 1.7.10 Pack. Does anyone have any idea how I could host this on an external server (and a recommendation where I can host)? I'm kinda new to all of this as well, so if it's possible, step by step simplicity would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys!

can you explain to me why you're posting this on Tekkit Discussion. Where does it say that we discuss custom packs or server hosting here?

​I apologise. The fact I'm new to this forum is enough of an explanation? Maybe you could direct me to where I need to post, instead of asking me why I'm posting here? Isn't that what helpful moderators do?

• Moderators

Moderators moderate. Kindergarden nannies are helpful.

"I'm new" is a terrible excuse. You have a brain and two eyes (I assume you have two?) and we have texts beneath the section titles explaining what the sections are about. You chose to ignore it. We have a section dedicated for Server discussion. I'll delete this thread in your favour if you can manage to find the right one

Moderators moderate. Kindergarden nannies are helpful.

"I'm new" is a terrible excuse. You have a brain and two eyes (I assume you have two?) and we have texts beneath the section titles explaining what the sections are about. You chose to ignore it. We have a section dedicated for Server discussion. I'll delete this thread in your favour if you can manage to find the right one

Are you for real, mate? Looks like I better look for help on another forum then, goes to show this place is run by people without basic human courtesy.

I bid you farewell and good luck in your adventures to "friendlier" forums where moderators help people with reading problems.

​You're pretty salty. The guy who put you in charge must have been on the whiskey that night.

The least you could do is actually link me to the correct place where I need to post. The 'Server' section is all a bunch of "host your server here".

Or are you too high and mighty to do that?

• Moderators

I'm not the one who couldn't arse to read the descriptions of a section before posting. You made the assumption that a forum moderator needs to guide and hug new users.

That may be true for many forums, but not this one. I'm not your mother nor your caretaker. It would have taken you less than a minute to understand what goes where on this forum. I find it a bit insulting that you didn't bother to take that minute.