The Modpack Location you entered is not a valid location.

_Mohandar_

Using copy.com with public link...

Is not the first time it happens, but in the past, when tryng multiple times, after a while it end up to works... until now; now when I tryed to change modpack location (always using copy) it no longer works.. it load for like 2-3 minutes as always but then it give the "The Modpack Location you entered is not a valid location." error.
If there is not a fix for this, could someone suggest a functional free site where people can host? 
Thanks for the attention

• Discord Moderator
  • You have included too much in your modpack archive. Your modpack archive should contain four folders: /bin/, /config/, /Flan/, /mods/. The /bin/ folder should only contain the modpack.jar file.
  • You should not include the resource pack archives in the modpack archive. Not everyone can (or wants to) use them, and they needlessly bloat the size of the pack. They also seldom change but would have to be downloaded every time the pack updates. Wasteful and harmful.
  • It is considered bad form to include the options.txt and optionsof.txt files with your pack. This will overwrite the local client settings (including sound, video and key settings) every time the pack updates. Very frustrating.
  • You should not include the /mods/VoxelMods/ folder with your pack. This will overwrite the client settings (including waypoints) every time the pack udpates.
  • You have multiple mods with names in the format of "ModName-Mod-1.7.10.jar". Almost no authors name their mods that way and is a glaring sign that the mods were obtained from illegitimate sources. This is always bad and sometimes fatal to a pack. Always get your mods directly from the mod author's posts or websites.
  • Your pack is... waaaaay to big (nearly 600M!!!). Almost no one will be able to run it at all, much less run it well. It will be nearly impossible to maintain. It is so large that the Launcher may have problems just downloading and extracting it. From this point, you are on your own. Best of luck.

Eeew, I missed so many things! Thanks for the patience plow !
Yeah, this pack should have been a sort of private experiment, that's why it's so confusing, I noticed the thing about mods when it was "too late" but then I was already planning to substitute the remaining fail mods with official ones from the official websites of each.
Btw for what concern the dimension, c'mon :D we all have tryed crazy things, there are some packs out there like cap-hq extreme or project omnius that are almost that big too, for who has a NASA pc a pack like that results pretty cool to try out, (I confess, I stoped adding things when I ran out of ID xD)
Btw, for mods like presence footsteps or matmos that need a dependence resource pack, should I not even add in that case?

• Discord Moderator

For specific mods which require that their resources be included (i.e. they aren't automatically downloaded, such as Flan's) they will need to be included in the modpack archive.

As for the size, if done for your own edification then more power to you.If you know your target audience, and you inform them of the limitations then again, go for it. However, the "large" packs you mentioned are built and maintained by experienced pack creators and aside from some implementation specific details are willing and able to manage it on their own. I am by no means suggesting you shouldn't ask for help, but do attempt to make sure you have all of the obvious problems fixed before doing so on a pack of this size.

Be well.

Yah, you're right, I may started directly with an ambitious project, but once you start something it's natural have the wish to make it and finish it, well, I guess I'll have to study a bit of java too when I get the time :)
And yeah, is for my own satisfaction, all credits are belong to modders, I just liked combine the -imo- most suitable build for a good ludic experience and somehow for a self-challenge maybe, I'll let you know how it's going in case, thanks again plow

Uhm... well, I've worked on all the necessary and re-uploaded a "lighter" version of the pack, but the error seems remaining, I really dunno what to do, even if I make it weigh 384 mb it does not change, it's a problem that is persecuting me since I've been using copy as host..
this is the 495mb version btw

edit: no reason to let here the link if is not the modpack itself causing the "invalid url problem"

Edited by _Mohandar_

I've tryed with google drive too actually, let's see later if it works, but I'm not so optimistic, the technic platform accepted the link, but when I try to make it install it say "failed to download, contact the author blabla etz", probably I have to let to the platform enough time for memorize the changes

EDIT; in fact, even if google drive seems to provides direct links, it does not work; it accept the url in technic but when you attempt to download it go to "-17200%" and doesn't work

Edited by _Mohandar_

update; tryed One Drive too.
I don't get why, when I put a real direct link it does not works (Invalid location error), instead, if I put a non-direct link, maybe from the same exact site on technic platform it may "salve the changes".. btw when you go for download from the modpack section it fails (because in fact it is not a direct link, as mediafire et similiar)

Using GitHub seems to works!, in that case the Technic Platform save the changes and it also download the file, this fact prove somehow that the problem is not in the modpack itself, it's related to copy.com, that's weird...
Anyway, unluckly, I am not very practical with Github :/
when the launcher download the repository in the cache as a zip named with the version of the modpack and it try to extract, it does not directly extract, bin, config etz, but it extract a folder (in my case called repo-master, ("repository name"-master)
MQpbTsb.png

and only then, inside that folder there is all the content, (bin, mods, config..)
plow, have you any idea how could I adjust this?