1st Modpack Problems

Chaddie98

First time making a modpack, installs from technic launcher and then has 0 mods installed in the actual minecraft yet forge and its requirements are still there

Link to pack: http://technicpack.net/modpack/qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwr.663177

API: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwr

Anything else required let me know, i'm new here

Edit: Doing some research i managed to get it to recognize that there are mods in the folder (i guess) Now whenever i launch it it says a certain mod needs to be installed at minimum requirement of (certain versions) even though i have met those requirements with the mods that are installed.

After re-installing a few of the mods the pack no longer launches with an error box saying: Error downloading a file from the following pack, Failed to download (dropbox link to pack) Please contact the modpack author.

Edited by Chaddie98

• Discord Moderator
  • As it seems you already figured out, it is "mods" not "mod" for your mods.
  • You are missing CoFHCore, a required dependency mod for Thermal Expansion.
  • You have iChunUtil for Forge/MC 1.8. You need the latest 1.7.10 version (4.2.2).
  • You are missing Mantle, a required dependency mod for Tinkers' Construct.
  • You are missing Thermal Foundation, a required dependency mod for Thermal Expansion.
  • You are missing CodeChickenCore and Not Enough items, both of which are required for NEI Integration and NEI Addons.

It would be prudent to have a bit more attention to detail. Each of the authors explain at some length the installation process which includes an enumeration of which dependency mod(s) must be installed.

Address these issues and come back here if you are still having difficulties.

• Discord Moderator
  • You have altered your modpack archive download without changing/incrementing the pack version number. The only way the Launcher gets notified that an update is available is if the version number changes.
  • Your modpack archive is in RAR format. All archive files intended for use in the platform must be in ZIP format only.
  • You should remove the "(1)" from iChunUtil (and any other mod file names). This sometimes causes issues.
  • You have somehow found an ancient version of Thermal Foundation. Make sure you are downloading the mods directly from the authors. This needs updated.
  • You have added the 1.8 versions of CodeChickenCore and Not Enough Items. You need the latest 1.7.10 versions.

That attention to detail would go a long way.

I don't mean to double post but it's fixed now, thank you for your help :)...

Do you happen by any chance to know how to make this into a server pack for me and my friends to play on :)

Also, theres nothing in the config folder at all, is that supposed to be that way?

Edited by Chaddie98

• Discord Moderator

Making a server from a pack: http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/61989-server-of-fury-i-would-like-more-help/#comment-519381

During your testing and assembly the config folder in your test environment will be populated with all the config files. These should be included in your modpack archive after you are finished fine tuning things for compatibility and interaction between mods.