I need help with a problem. Modded Server connection

Lancars

I'm sorry for putting this here if this isn't the section it belongs in. If this is the wrong spot then please tell me where i can post this.

A friend of mine hosts his own pack on the tekkit launcher. Works fine and everything but another friend of mine when he tries to connect he gets this.

"Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive"

Now i have googled the problem as much as i could and i've come across threads that say they fixed the issue but They do not post the results how or if someone has the fix they do it in a PM instead of showing others.

Yes my friend has updated java and reinstalled the pack. I talked to the person in charge of the pack and they don't know why its happening. Info on the net has no info on how to fix.

If someone has a fix please post the fix here so anyone else trying to google the problem.

Edited by Lancars

• Discord Moderator

This likely belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a nice forum admin will move it.

As for the error, there are way too many unknowns here:

• Which modpack is this (be specific, API URL, details link, etc.)
  • What server process is being used? (Forge, Cauldron, versions, etc.)
  • What do the crash reports or logs look like.

This likely belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully a nice forum admin will move it.

As for the error, there are way too many unknowns here:

• Which modpack is this (be specific, API URL, details link, etc.)
  • What server process is being used? (Forge, Cauldron, versions, etc.)
  • What do the crash reports or logs look like.

​Its a mod pack called Cytrax. a friend hosts it. You can google it.

Its forge from what i have seen.

And what i posted is what i get. I even got the server pack from him and hosted my own thing to test it and that messege is what we keep getting over and over till my friend disconnects. Like i said i googled the problem and people have found how to fix it BUT NEVER POST HOW THEY DID IT!

• Discord Moderator

​Its a mod pack called Cytrax. a friend hosts it. You can google it.

That's not really how it works. You are asking for help so you should be providing the information. I'm not doing Google searches with the hope of guessing the right information. Provide what is requested.

If someone is being refused connection then there will be log data on both the client and server. That is the information we need, in detail and in full. Generalities and anecdotes are counterproductive. You said you had a server link. Provide that. You obviously have a pack URL of some sort (not a download link, the Technic pack URL). Provide that. You must be getting log data. Provide that (not here, in a pastebin service).

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. They went upstate to visit there family.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=egN4ihE5

Best i could get. I had to edit out my friends name and his UUID from it but thats about it i labeled his name as MyFriend. It was for his ease of mind. He just sits on the Loggin in.. and it will spam the keepalive stuff.

Edited by Lancars

http://cytrax.net/download/

http://cytrax.net/info/

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=egN4ihE5

This is all i have. If i had any knowledge on what i need i'd have been able to get it all for you or maybe solve the problem. I've only gotten far with stuff i know. I don't know what a time-synced client is. All that i gave in the pastebin is the logs the server client gave me. If all i gave is not enough then i don't know what is.

• Discord Moderator

How about that, right on the first link you provided are two of the things I asked for. Why am I doing your work?

Details page: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/cytrax

API URL: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/cytrax

Unless I can get the FULL LOG from the server, which you seem to have (or at least part of), I will not be able to help you. You have said yourself that you are unable to fix it and think that the portions of the log you have provided are relevant. It is highly likely that somewhere in the rest of the log is relevant data.

Now, I do this for fun and after I finish with dinner (hour+ from now) I might take the pack and turn it into a server and test with that pack just for my own edification. However, since I have no way of knowing (once I get it working) what your server setup is like any information I find will likely be of little use.

If you really want to help fix this then get me a ZIP (or RAR, or tar.gz, or whatever) of these full folders from the server:

• /config/
  • /mods/
  • /libraries/
  • whatever server JAR is in use

Edit: Client Pack Analysis

• The modpack is missing the /bin/modpack.jar file. The modpack.jar file is the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to modpack.jar.
  • Many of your mods are fatally out of date, such as (but not limited to): Mekanism, EnderIO, Tinkers' Construct, Factorization, Botania, MystCraft, Biomes O' Plenty, Applied Energistics, Blood Magic, etc.
  • At least some of your mods are fundamentally incompatible. For instance: EnderIO 2.2.x is compatible with Mekanism 7.x. EnderIO 2.3.x is compatible with Mekanism 8.x. You have them mismatched.
  • You are making things harder on yourself by having 99% of the pack in a monolithic archive and only a couple extra "mods" being served by Solder. Until you are ready to fully switch to Solder you are better off keeping it a molithic pack.

Until these issues are addressed there is no reason to move forward trying to diagnose a client <-> server communication issue.

Edited by plowmanplow