cannot find item ID's in config files

gunhammer5000

• Discord Moderator

Until you create an actual modpack in the platform, which we can see and test, it is very difficult to help you. Once you do that, I can say "Fix this, this, and that. Do this and that differently." If I were to start with  that pack, push it into a test environment, add (and unspecified) version of OreSpawn, and then get it working I am basically making a pack for you and that's really not what we do here.

• Discord Moderator

OreSpawn both greedy in its acquisition of block/item IDs and course in its configuration options. The only option available is to set the starting ID for where OreSpawn begins swallowing IDs. For blocks it's not too bad and you can make it work with TekkitMain by changing the BaseBlockID setting thusly:

I:BaseBlockID=3500

Item IDs are much more of a pain since OreSpawn handles item IDs in a very crappy way and takes A FREAKING TON of them. You would need to find a block of 500 consecutive item IDs for OreSpawn to not be in conflict with existing items. Turns out there is a suitable range here by setting BaseItemID thusly:

I:BaseItemID=10500