Failure to download my custom modpack

Balomew

I'm having difficulty downloading my custom modpack. 99% through downloading, I get an error message that says that there was an error downloading a file for the pack. I am using Dropbox, and have tried:

1) using the original share link

2) changing ?dl=0 to ?dl=1

3) using dl.dropbox (instead of www.dropbox) with ?dl=1 instead of  ?dl=0

4)  using dl.dropbox (instead of www.dropbox) with ?dl=0 instead of ?dl=1

None of these attempts have been successful. Each error message was the same with the exception of the url - although it showed as ?dl=1 for all four attempts, it showed as www.dropbox for the first two attempts and dl.dropbox for the last two. I don't know what the issue is. Please help me! Thanks in advance. This is the link to my modpack:

http://technicpack.net/modpack/the-doctors-apprentice.686774

• Discord Moderator
  • You mention that you have tried multiple URLs in the pack settings for download location. However, your pack version is still at 1.0. Every time you change the URL or the contents of your modpack archive you must increment the version number.
  • Your modpack archive is in 7zip format (7z). All archive files intended for use in the platform must be in ZIP format only.
  • You have CodeChickenCore for Forge/MC 1.8. You need the latest 1.7.10 versions of ChickenBones mods.
  • Your TwilightForest is fatally out of date (incompatible with newer Forge versions).
  • Your modpack.jar is the Forge installer. You need to replace it with the Forge universal binary JAR file.
  • Many of your mods are from illegitimate sources. Always obtain your mods directly from the authors' download resources. Any mod named in the format "ModName-Mod-1.7.10.jar" is very likely illegitimate.

Success! My cat thinks that I may have overreacted a bit when the launcher loaded. Thank you so much for responding, you were very helpful! I have one unrelated question:

I tried making the text of my modpack page's overview smaller, but my attempts only resulted in coding for everyone to see. How do I make text smaller in my overview without it showing coding to other players? Also, how do I add in-text links?

I'm not sure what you mean by markup options. I'm using the Page settings page and can make text bold, underlined, or italicized. Other than that, my abilities are limited: I cannot change anything other than the inline, it seems. I think I'm wanting to change the heading size.

I might not. I probably just need to get an update to help with RAM. My computer is great but it's no beast.

EDIT: Not that this modpack would require a beasty computer - I'm just saying that I'm not surprised if there's a problem with the memory.

Edited by Balomew