Could not download/update my modpack

Wildoneshelper

My modpack won't download/update to the newest version. The end of the download link is ?dl=1 but still don't work. Tried deleting some files in the bin folder, but to no avail...

Actually I can "download" the pack but there are no files. The version remains at 1.5. When I update the modpack, it stops at around 35%.

Modpack API: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/the-big-modpack-10

Modpack link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-big-modpack-10.625723

The problem has been mentioned by someone too.

Edited by Wildoneshelper

• Discord Moderator
  • You have included too much of the /bin/ folder. It should only contain the modpack.jar file.
  • Your version of Advanced Genetics has a known world-corrupting bug. Update.
  • You need to update Biomes O' Plenty.

I'm just going to stop there. The pack is just too big to even attempt a normal debugging routine. If the pack is a labor of love for you then by all means, do what you can to maintain it. However, the vast majority of players won't even be able to start it, and if they can it will likely run quite poorly. It is just insanely large, especially for a monolithic pack. You need Solder in the worst way.

• Discord Moderator

Think about it this way. If you wanted to get into mountain climbing and had no experience, you wouldn't strap on a set of crampons and head to Nepal. You would start with a simple introductory climb somewhere and work your way up. Same goes for pack building. If you don't have the skills and experience to build and debug a pack, you don't start by tossing in every mod you can possibly put your hands on. You start small, add in mods as you go, and work your way up to something interesting and playable. You gain experience during this process so that when something breaks on your bigger pack you have the know-how to address the issues.

tldr; I'll help teach you to climb the mountain, but I won't be your guide up Everest for your first mountain climbing excursion.

Edited by plowmanplow