World anchors and teleport tethers help

FES

I own a server that has been having problems lately with lag we couldn't figure out why. We tried a new map (didn't Work) We tried removing every plugin (didn't Work) We tried upgrading the server machine because we thought the hard drive it was on didn't have a fast enough read/write speed

(didn't Work) $345 later the server is still coming up with the error cant keep up. I also checked to see if my system time changed guess what it didn't. We did an entity count their are 625 chunks loaded while their is 0 people on the server and over 5,000 entity. We realized that it is probably World anchors and teleport tethers. I also noticed that when the server starts their are 18 world anchors loaded and i cant imagine how many teleport tethers their are. We have banned the recipe but their are still some out their. We have tried using MCEdit but the map is so big that it takes up to 5 days to clear them. We have tried waiting that long but after 9 times of trying MCEdit crashes way before it reaches %50 because of MCEdits terrible anvil compatibly. I also know that their is probably a quarry or something overflowing somewhere in the world but the world is to big for my 10 staff members to go through. One of my staff member brought to my attention that i should try to remove the two mods from the server but i think that if we do that we will corrupt the world and make it worse. Me and my team have no idea on what to do and i am to the point of shutting down the server. Can someone please help?

I suspect it's more from the number of entities than the number of chunks; my server starts getting laggy around 1000-2000 item entities, let alone 5000.

I have a plugin that I use to monitor loose item entities on my server, if you'd like to give it a try. Grab NFItemWatch.jar from here, and drop it in the 'plugins' directory, and it'll warn you where the largest collections of loose items are:

https://github.com/cheide/Tekkit/tree/master/output

I used World Anchors before and they did not lag up my server too bad. if anything, pipes(meaning using cobblestone pipes to transfer items from the quarry to a chest a long distance away) did. The additional pipes "Teleport pipe" reduced the lag big time. However, I noticed that in a far away distance they did not seem to connect/work right. So even though I had world anchors and no lag. I started using Tethers and how my server laaaagggggggggggggggeeeeeeeedddd up! You can Delete the Railcraft.cfg and it will create a new one when the server is started again. The actual World anchor blocks themselves will still exist in-game and will re-enable when someone runs past them. But according to research of my own, the Tethers is the lag issue... I only had a few built in my server, so it was easy to clean up.

I suspect it's more from the number of entities than the number of chunks; my server starts getting laggy around 1000-2000 item entities, let alone 5000.

I have a plugin that I use to monitor loose item entities on my server, if you'd like to give it a try. Grab NFItemWatch.jar from here, and drop it in the 'plugins' directory, and it'll warn you where the largest collections of loose items are:

Thank you that helped alot

How do i use it?

Does anyone know what the config file is called that teleport tethers are in so i can disable them?

Had to figure out which mod adds teleport tethers, its in the buildcraft add on called additionalpipes.

The first few lines in this file deal with it.

AdditionalPipes.cfg

Had to figure out which mod adds teleport tethers, its in the buildcraft add on called additionalpipes.

The first few lines in this file deal with it.

AdditionalPipes.cfg

ok thanks