Unable to install custom modpack (but it downloads)

0Beechlgz

Working fine at 1.2 after updating all mods, could play it just fine from the launcher. After, added 1 more mod and changed some configs, made a 1.3 zip and uploaded to dropbox. Tested in MultiMC - works fine.

Modpack downloads at launcher, but the installation process abruptly stops at 100% downloaded. There is no "play" button, only "install". Clicking on this again causes nothing to happen. However, at .technic/modpacks (sorry can't find reverse slash button on this laptop) the modpack has appared to have fully installed. There is no error message, no crash log. Tried resetting launcher, made sure nothing was left on in processes tab of Task Manager, but everything had clsoed and yet it still didn't work when I reopened it.

Thinking it maybe didn't upload properly, I changed it to 1.3.1, tested again in MultiMC, then reuploaded. I changed the download link to the 1.3.1 one, making sure as always to set as dl=1. I incremented the modpack version to 1.3.1 and added a quick changelog note as to why and saved everything. Double checked everything after saving.

Hit install again on launcher, then at 100% downloaded installation process abruptly stops again. No error, no crash, stuck with "install" and no play, modpack has downloaded into the folder.

Did the same with 1.3.2, this time I made 1.3.2 from scratch, even redownloading the forge universal 1.7.10 recommended version and renaming it as before to modpack.jar. Again, downloaded, it's in the folder, but no "play" button and "install" now does nothing.

I tried numerous times deleting the modpack entirely from the launcher but this didn't make any difference.

Tested download on friends's laptop and it downloads onto his laptop just fine and I can play it on there. It's only my computer that seems to be having this issue, which makes the issue even more confusing.

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/realistic-survival-mode I don't know if providing the link here will help.

My computer is running on 8GB RAM with 5 allocated to the launcher - could that be too high? I had it set high for another modpack. I don't have all my specs here with me, but if you need me to provide any I can post them in a short while.

• Discord Moderator

The RAM allocated in the Launcher should never be more than 4G or half your physical RAM, whichever is smaller. No packs require more than 4G and almost no packs require more than 3.

• Why do you have Flan's mod but no weapons packs?
  • Biomes O' Plenty could stand to be updated.
  • I think 4Space and More Planets are an "either/or" inclusion as they both add some of the same planets/worlds.
  • Galacticraft needs updated.
  • Optifine needs updated.

Other than that, the pack looks fine and works for me. Please provide a clean Launcher log from where your pack does not work on your client in a pastebin service.

Thanks for the advice it's always nice to get a few more pointers to clean up the pack. I had meant to replace More Planets with 4-Space, don't know why More Planets is still in there though. Optifine was meant to be taken out too, and I don't know where the flan's mod content packs went. Odd.

I hadn't thought to try deleting the launcher installation entirely so I did so and that seems to have fixed the download problem. Thank you for your help.