Which Java???

CroixAura

Clicking on the java download link provided sends me to Oracle Java Runtime. Once there it says agree which I do but then it gives me options. This is where I get confused, do I get the -

Windows x 86 Online

Windows x 86 Offline

or

Windows x 64

Any help would be most appreciated.

Push the Windows key and Pause/Break. Look where it says "System Type" for a 32-bit or 64-bit OS. If you have a 32-bit OS, you want x86 Java, while a 64-bit OS means you need the other one. Online/offline is just the difference between running the installer while you download, or downloading the whole thing and installing off your hard drive. I prefer the latter, as it usually presents fewer complications.

Thank you for the link Techpriest, I am indeed running a windows vista 64. From what you said Torezu then I go with the windows x 64 correct? I've never done a mod like this before so I'm rather new, thank you for putting up with me.

Thank you for the link Techpriest, I am indeed running a windows vista 64. From what you said Torezu then I go with the windows x 64 correct? I've never done a mod like this before so I'm rather new, thank you for putting up with me.

java isn't a mod. it's an engine for running things and you probably should have it anyway and updated often regardless of MC.

And yes, the 64bit is the last choice and its an offline install only.