[3.1.2] Mcraftworlds Tekkit Server [PVE/Skills/GP/Economy/EE Enabled/Most unbanned items!]

BaileyJay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...PVP was on last night? I didn't notice..

Edit: UGH, rollback! Why didn't you guys tell me? Now all our crystal chests are gone and my quantum is gone.

ANOTHER EDIT: I was getting on for the first time today to play.

Dad: Haha, I bet minecraft or whatever shit you're playing is going to be down

Me: No.

Polling server...

Cannot reach server...

Dad: Haha I told you!

Me: *In mind* "MOTHER TRUCKING *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

You guys seriously need to update us on stuff. I mad.

The owners might be going through something that is more important than the server. Or there is something seriously wrong with the server. It sucks that they don't update, but they might not want to tell us anything or are just going through something more important than minecraft.

The owners might be going through something that is more important than the server. Or there is something seriously wrong with the server. It sucks that they don't update, but they might not want to tell us anything or are just going through something more important than minecraft.

They're probably planning a surprise party. The devils.

I spoke with Pete This morning on the phone. about an email he sent me per below. He was pretty aggrivated. Here are his words.

Too many holes in Tekkit, too many kiddies causing problems. Bukkit and Mojang are going to work together to buld a better plat form, we are willing to wait. When they do we will be there. Meanwhile we will have a Vanilla server, Hunger games server up and a Terrafirma server online. These 3 servers have been in the works for a couple of weeks now. We saw too many issues with Tekkit, mainly the Java platform.The tekkit server will be on the back burning unless two things happen. Proper amount of funding and the man power to administer the server. Its too big of a headache right now. Tekkit is an awsome addon but its too unstable and with the Bukkit/Mojang colaberation it may kill tekkit entirely, we just don't know. We like the tekkit concept its great and if everyone would play nice it would still be up and limping along.

The backup system is horrible, This should have be designed to run on full SQL. would have made snapshots a breeze and backups would have only taken moments. The hardware we are running on is nothing to sneeze at. HP DL380 G5 with 32Gb ram running ESX 4.0. Cent OS VM's two mirrored midline sas 4 drive raid 5 with hot fail over. Custom Build 6 drive raid 5 Nexenta SAN Cisco 5540 Firewall. We could host serveral Tekkit servers on this hardware, just add ram as we go, but it seems none of this counts when you have indivuals who feel they need to be the playground bully and find a way to exploit the server in anyway they can.

If there is someone willing to invest time and money into running the tekkit server then we may consider it. it would require a new Server and SAN, curent hardware going to the new enviroment. As it stands now we feel we need to move on.

You can contact Pete though Mcraftworlds.net or pete at mcraftworlds.com "note the .com" not net.

Here's the griefers info.

First name: Patrick

Last name: Wevill

State: Virginia

Zip: 23113

Phone: 8043804477

Call this bastard guys. He's one of the main people.

We're currently filling a court case against him. If you'd like more information about him. PM me

He think he's some kind of 'superhacker' for griefing a minecraft server! LOL

which we rollbacked. Nerd.

This isn't a problem. ISP Is overviewing his network now. He's not going to be happy when they shut it down for criminal activity.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons